Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Re: Is this the future?

That is just absolutely Stunning! 8)

It's gunno be Minority report for real & I just heard this mentioned whilst I'm typing this reply.

The Animated Newspaper is just sooooo Wicked & checking the time by drawing a watch on your wrist just snapped me!! :D

I have tears in my eyes seeing the Inventor stand up to recieve a Standing Applause from the Audience.

I am gob Smacked! - Just Awesome!

Kin

/....Kin blows nose....

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

That was seriously impressive.

Loved the student ID bit..........
Don't think it will cost much either although the subscription will probably be expensive.

Cool......Thanks for that.

TC :mrgreen:

chiark

AmiNerd
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire

Incredible. Absolutely incredible.

It's one thing to build something using hundreds of thousands of dollars that moves things on a little bit...

What this lot have done with $350 of off the shelf components and damn clever coding really could be revolutionary for everyone. Gobsmacked.

And I'm signing up to TED!

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

If this is the future, someone please send me to medieval times!

My faith in humanity is not something I want to explain right now. But certainly this kind of device will have nasty uses from government and mega-big-bizz instead the positive idea who bring it to life.

As all great inventions before: airplane (Santos Dummont committed suicide), dynamite (Nobel died in disgusting), etc.

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

Actually rkauer I can see your point of view especially the way things are going with Big Brother & everyone's "democracy at a price" debate.

I was mainly imoressed by the fact that it was all of the shell components & not Vapourware, We are soooooo used to Vapourware in Amigaland.. :LOL:

Best Regards
TC :mrgreen:

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg

Brataccas said:
Probably the best thing i`ve seen in a while, let me know what you all think!

I fell asleep after 25 seconds. Thank god my girlfriend hasn't got a boring voice like that :mrgreen:

I scrolled through the video a bit (didn't feel like watching the whole thing) and what I've seen looks pretty cool, especially the part when that guy took some pictures by just holding his hands towards the object he wanted to photograph. Though I must say I'd rather use my Nikon F-50 than my fingers :D

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

I certainly wouldn't want to walk towards someone and find "sad geek", "uber nerd" and "needs to get out more" projected onto my chest!!

There are some things that are best kept private too; I wonder how they wil make this work with sensitive information, such as checking your bank balance in the supermarket or with data covered by the Data Protection Act?

They maybe need to perfect a head-up display unit so that your Facebook pictures of your backside won't get projected onto the wall at your children's school concert via someone else's unit that they forgot to switch off.

Could you imagine what a unit like this might say about some of the members on here (no names please)?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, it's really cool and intuitive; it just seems that it's not been fully thought through to me....

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

We can all make our own apraises of what we see & unfortunately, as is with most things in life, some one some where will be thinking their money is better than someone elses. :roll:

I fully appreciate your comments rkauer, but if your ideas had been used some time ago, you would never have had an Amiga to play with would you!? :wink:

Take the "greed" factor away, things could be a lot better on this rock!

Kin

silverf0x0

AmiBayer
Country
Italy
Region
Lazio, LT

Hei , hei, i have seen something similar many years ago.
A chinese graduated student guy did an amazing hack with Wii mote, producing very similar effects.
The Ted project look to me like some sort of evolution of it.

http://johnnylee.net/projects/wii/

Let me know what you think

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Merlin said:
<Snipped>

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, it's really cool and intuitive; it just seems that it's not been fully thought through to me....

I Know what you menan Merlin. Imagine being stood at ur Local Town's Urinal wearing that Gizmo round ur neck!!!

Would it give you a Rating or Just Laugh!!?? :shrug:

Kin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom