It's all coming back to me !!

macwhoelse

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Exeter, Devon
Just got my A1200 & I've spent most of today setting up a CF card as an IDE hard disk & installing it with workbench & various utilities. Kept coming up to obstacles.:Doh: but gradually it started coming back to me. Well, it has been 13 years. It was just a matter of getting the right files & libraries into the right directories.(y)
I've just realised the days gone !! .................... but it was fun.
I shall be putting some want ads up soon.:D

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
It never really leaves you, does it?

:mrgreen:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
^^^^^^

Never. (y)

@ macwhoelse

Welcome to AmiBay btw. :)

Kin

chrispy

Country
Wales
It's like riding a bike, you may not get on it for a few years but it all comes rushing back.

macwhoelse

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Exeter, Devon
Ha ha.:p
You're all so right. I'm getting back into it slowly but surely. I spent all day getting to grips with a 1gb CF card to prep & boot up in the 1200. Transferring lots of Utilities and things.
Then I tried a 4gb CF card which was frustrating to say the least.:censored: Windows seen it & wrote no problem. The 1200 sort of seen it, but would not format or partition it at all. I tried for hours, read up on various forums, tried for some more hours. Was gonna give up for today, then eventually about an hour ago I learnt about "diskpart".
Now I have a 1200 with the 4gb CF booting on the IDE no problem.(y)
I could've asked for help but was determined not to let it beat me. Sometimes it's worth persevering with just for the learning factor.:roll:
So I'm happy now, but will no doubt spend all day tomorrow working on the 1200 re-learning again & finding something else to frustrate me !
How "She" puts up with me , I don't know. Bless her. :p

Top Bottom