It's getting better (was: Tired)

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Posts
3,845
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
EDIT:
I let the original text stand. I was angry when I wrote that. And much of what is below is un due. Meet up guy, and costly doa4k.

Cabinet guy how ever deserved the words written.

original text said:
:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Now the limit is reached.

Completely unrelated to stuff happening on this site, another local Amiga user seems like he's going to screw me on a deal to buy a cabinet. He's taken NOK 1000 off me (about £100), with no immediate intention of delivering.

Having trying to get in contact with local Amiga users seems to have been counter productive to the enjoyment I have from my Amiga hobby.

This first person is just too much, aggressive and obnoxious. The second guy keeps making contact wanting to meet up, and never following it up.

Another norwegian Amiga User sold me a costly doa A4000 which I have now fixed.

OSLO Amiga Users: Live long and prosper, and so long and thanks for all the rotten fish.

I'm going to take a breather now. And if this still feels like sh*t after a while, I'll sell all the gear. It's no fun being part of a community where people are just out to gouge you.


:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
 

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Posts
15,597
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

Whoh!! :wooha:

Arnljot mate, it was for this exact reason that AmiBay was created. I'm sorry that the locals have treated you so badly, but I would be really hurt if you were to tar us all with that particular brush and leave the Amiga scene.

/Merlin offers Arnljot a nice cup of tea.....
 

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Posts
3,845
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

Merlin: Let me state clearly that you guys here, users and mods are propper gents.

The one rotten Amiga deal that I did here with one norwegian user for a dead a4000 is my own fault. I was stupid and gave too many concessions. Also I stopped you from intervening because I didn't want to bother with any trouble, and the guy still had stuff I wanted.

Anthony got the motherboard for parts, and I bought a perfectly fine CR card from Charlie to take its place.

I have nine various Amiga and Amiga like systems in various state of configured order (all working), atm with all that's gone down I have no motivation to touch them and get them to shine. If they remain just boxed up, I'll sell up
 

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Posts
15,597
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

All I will say is don't do anything now that you may regret later; take a break for a while, regroup and look at things in a week or two, once the dust has settled.
 

Justin

Active member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Posts
12,176
Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

yo! arnljot dude!!!

i too went through a phase of feeling my miggy wasn't worth the time and i felt a little unapprieciated, but trust me on this put at least one Amiga away and wait a while, the miggy bug will grab you again! Also even though i may become miggyless for a short while, i will still post on here 'cos i love (in a non ghey way) some of the guys on here.

and if you go i will have lost a fellow fun posting friend, so don't go, i'll miss you. i think the phrase goes "don't let a few rotton apples spoil the barrell"

cheers, JuvUK
 

Kin Hell

Active member
Banned
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Posts
6,970
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

Arnljot; Chill man. take a nice glass of Chablis outside & contemplate the fux0r. You'll see the dick in a whole new light after your second. :twisted: :wink: :mrgreen:

Charlie :D
 

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Posts
3,845
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

I'll try.

Worst thing is the time it's happening at. ATM I've got plenty of other things to worry about as my pregnant sister has to remodel her home all by her self, but for my help. And our mother has fallen ill. It's cancer, but we've got good hopes that it's not as bad as it sounds.

Also, this guy has been complaining and lamenting about his personal financial situation and knowing that I've been thinking of buying a new computer he's been all over me to buy his old gear. So by his own admission it was helping him out a great deal that I bought it off his hands.

But even though I knew in my gut it was a bad move, I bought it from him. And now with my money in his pocket, his true colors are showing. Asshole.
 

Kin Hell

Active member
Banned
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Posts
6,970
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

Heck m8y! :shock: - Sorry to hear about the big C. - Hope things settle down & it turns out okay.

No wonder you are more tense than normal. Take some time out bud & kick back a while. It ain't worth the stress. (y)

Charlie
 

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Posts
7,237
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

I feel for you buddy. It's an unfortunate fact of life that there are some people out there who are just @rseholes. You just have to try and ignore them, and surround yourself with the good ones. Take it easy. :grouphug:
 

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Joined
Oct 20, 2008
Posts
1,671
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

arnljot mate, I'm sorry to hear your going through a bad time ..... hang in there mate. :grouphug:
 

Puni/Void

Member
AmiBayer
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Posts
660
Country
Norway
Region
Vestfold
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

arnljot said:
Completely unrelated to stuff happening on this site, another local Amiga user seems like he's going to screw me on a deal to buy a cabinet. He's taken NOK 1000 off me (about £100), with no immediate intention of delivering.

Having trying to get in contact with local Amiga users seems to have been counter productive to the enjoyment I have from my Amiga hobby.

This first person is just too much, aggressive and obnoxious. The second guy keeps making contact wanting to meet up, and never following it up.

Another norwegian Amiga User sold me a costly doa A4000 which I have now fixed.

OSLO Amiga Users: Live long and prosper, and so long and thanks for all the rotten fish.

Sorry to hear about the problems you have with other Amiga dudes in Oslo. :( Hope things will be better for you in the future. Remember; "Det ordner seg." ;)

That guy that doesn't deliver, did you purchase from him through Finn.no or QXL.no?

Are you in contact with many Amiga people in Norway?
 

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Posts
3,845
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

The guy I bought from I met at amiga.org almost a year ago, last summer.

I was announcing on amiga org and here that I wanted to buy a keyboard adapter.

He contacted me on PM over at a.org stating that he had one. So he sold it to me with a KVM and a size adapter (din2minidin) for NOK 200.

Then the next day he wanted the din2minidin adapter back. And started pestering me about it. Not an "Ideal" solution to this transaction, as returning it meant that it would be useless to me.

But I was stupid, and instead of saying no and then not having anymore to do with him I agreed to return it.

So the deal with the cabinet was done directly between the two of us. I went over there at saturday last week and had a look at a machine he wanted to sell to me. A E6600 machine with 4GB ram for £200 with no HD. I was looking for a i7 Core machine so the machine wasn´t that interesting. But I really liked the cabinet.

While I was there he got really upset and angry with me that I wanted to have a look at it and check it out. But he calmed down enough and I went away with his excuse that his blood sugar was low.

On monday I sent him a text that I was interessted in the cabinet, but not the machine. We talked on tuesday about it and I said that I´d seen the cabinet new for NOK 800 from Canada, so since him being a friend I´d give him NOK1000 for it. I don´t have to deal with customs and a long wait since he was local.

Meanwhile I was talking he was complaining and sighing, and when I brought up the Canadian he said "oh then just forget it". I said "calm down, I´m just explaining why I´m happy to buy yours".

Then he asked if I could transfer the money to him right away, as it was "Africa" at his place, no money and nothing to eat. I said sure, I´ll wire the money to you first thing in the morning. And he said cool, thanks you´re really helping me out etc etc etc.

We agreed that he´d come to my place with it on thursday or friday. I wanted to have it so that I could meassure it and make sure all components fit inside. Most importanly as I realised later a bit powerfull ATX PSU.

So I wired the money to him on tuesday morning and later that eveing I called him asking if the money had arrived. His reply was "I will not run for this money" or something like that, hard to translate. And then he changed subject to his xGF, and I gave him sympathy for that situation.

We talked again on Wednesday, but then we just talked about other things.

On thursday I wanted to remind him to deliver the cabinet that day, or the next. He was watching football and was very excited about the match. I said I didn´t care much for soccer and that was just about all I got to say before he said "fine, then we don´t need to talk" and hung up. I got pretty angry and texted him and said "fine, I won´t take this kind of behaviour. You can transfer the money back or deilver the cabinet tomorrow".

An hour after that we exchanged some text messages, but me reminding him of the deal just solicited replices that I was rude, an asshole and that I was an idiot. And that I could just deam of having the cabinet since I was so rude.

He really defies belief this guy. It´s like he´s taken out of some cartoon.

---

In regards to having contact with Amiga users, no. Not many. After having being burnt twice, the guy with the adapter and cabinet. And the guy from here with the A4000 I haven´t been too eager to meet up with anyone.

I had an ad on polarboing.com and amiga.org seeking people, but only at polarboing where there any replies but nothing came of it. Much like the third guy who´s been contacting me on all amiga forums where I´m a member asking to meet up, only to also not follow up when an actual time and place is about to be desided.

I even bought the domain name oslaug.no (OSLo Amiga User Group) but a one person organization isn´t a user group.

---

Since thursday the guy with the cabinet has been ignoring my text messages and rejecting my calls. If he doesn´t deliver this weekend I´ll take a trip down to the police station and just fill in a report. Even if they just throw the case away due to evidence or resources at least if someone else has a problem with this guy and reports him, the police will be more interessted next time around.

I´m surprised it´s even possible to behave in this way, but then again maybe some people just simply are rotten to the core.
 

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Joined
Oct 20, 2008
Posts
1,671
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

arnljot said:
The guy I bought from I met at amiga.org almost a year ago, last summer.
I was announcing on amiga org and here that I wanted to buy a keyboard adapter.
He contacted me on PM over at a.org stating that he had one. So he sold it to me with a KVM and a size adapter (din2minidin) for NOK 200.
Then the next day he wanted the din2minidin adapter back. And started pestering me about it. Not an "Ideal" solution to this transaction, as returning it meant that it would be useless to me.
But I was stupid, and instead of saying no and then not having anymore to do with him I agreed to return it.
So the deal with the cabinet was done directly between the two of us. I went over there at saturday last week and had a look at a machine he wanted to sell to me. A E6600 machine with 4GB ram for £200 with no HD. I was looking for a i7 Core machine so the machine wasn´t that interesting. But I really liked the cabinet.
While I was there he got really upset and angry with me that I wanted to have a look at it and check it out. But he calmed down enough and I went away with his excuse that his blood sugar was low.
On monday I sent him a text that I was interessted in the cabinet, but not the machine. We talked on tuesday about it and I said that I´d seen the cabinet new for NOK 800 from Canada, so since him being a friend I´d give him NOK1000 for it. I don´t have to deal with customs and a long wait since he was local.
Meanwhile I was talking he was complaining and sighing, and when I brought up the Canadian he said "oh then just forget it". I said "calm down, I´m just explaining why I´m happy to buy yours".
Then he asked if I could transfer the money to him right away, as it was "Africa" at his place, no money and nothing to eat. I said sure, I´ll wire the money to you first thing in the morning. And he said cool, thanks you´re really helping me out etc etc etc.
We agreed that he´d come to my place with it on thursday or friday. I wanted to have it so that I could meassure it and make sure all components fit inside. Most importanly as I realised later a bit powerfull ATX PSU.
So I wired the money to him on tuesday morning and later that eveing I called him asking if the money had arrived. His reply was "I will not run for this money" or something like that, hard to translate. And then he changed subject to his xGF, and I gave him sympathy for that situation.
We talked again on Wednesday, but then we just talked about other things.
On thursday I wanted to remind him to deliver the cabinet that day, or the next. He was watching football and was very excited about the match. I said I didn´t care much for soccer and that was just about all I got to say before he said "fine, then we don´t need to talk" and hung up. I got pretty angry and texted him and said "fine, I won´t take this kind of behaviour. You can transfer the money back or deilver the cabinet tomorrow".
An hour after that we exchanged some text messages, but me reminding him of the deal just solicited replices that I was rude, an asshole and that I was an idiot. And that I could just deam of having the cabinet since I was so rude.
He really defies belief this guy. It´s like he´s taken out of some cartoon.
tbh, the guy sounds like an arsehole.
However, if he was being like that, I'd never have wired him the money in the first place and not gone ahead with the deal, but I understand you wanted the cabinet.
People like this arsehole above give internet forum traders a bad name,

arnljot said:
In regards to having contact with Amiga users, no. Not many. After having being burnt twice, the guy with the adapter and cabinet. And the guy from here with the A4000 I haven´t been too eager to meet up with anyone.
I had an ad on polarboing.com and amiga.org seeking people, but only at polarboing where there any replies but nothing came of it. Much like the third guy who´s been contacting me on all amiga forums where I´m a member asking to meet up, only to also not follow up when an actual time and place is about to be desided.
I even bought the domain name oslaug.no (OSLo Amiga User Group) but a one person organization isn´t a user group.
I really do understand where you're coming from, and I have to admit, I may be the same if I was in your position.
However, I've met loads of people from forums, some at events, and some just by arrangement (by PM) .... I've not come across anyone who's like the above described people (thankfully).
May I also add, if you ever come to the UK and are near my area (Northampton) by all means pop in .... my door is always open to fellow amigans.

arnljot said:
Since thursday the guy with the cabinet has been ignoring my text messages and rejecting my calls. If he doesn´t deliver this weekend I´ll take a trip down to the police station and just fill in a report. Even if they just throw the case away due to evidence or resources at least if someone else has a problem with this guy and reports him, the police will be more interessted next time around.
That's probably the best thing you can do right now. I really cannot understand the mentality of this guy.
I hope you do get this cabinet you're after. If not, I hope the police can do something about him.

arnljot said:
I´m surprised it´s even possible to behave in this way, but then again maybe some people just simply are rotten to the core.
Unfortunately, some people are like that. I've been fortunate enough to recognise these type of people straight away and avoid doing business with them, but that's not to say that I won't come across some scoundrel at some point.

Hang in there dude, hope you get what either the cabinet or your money back.
May I make one recommendation though .... DON'T wire money to somebody on trust that they'll deliver. Where possible I like to do 'cash in hand' transactions or via PayPal (at least with PayPal there's some protection)
 

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Posts
3,845
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

Thanks woody.

Re: Guy who stole my money

Seems like he'll get away with it. I don't have any strength to spare now.

Re: My mom.

Doctors have confirmed it's malicious cancer.
 

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Posts
7,237
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

Sorry to hear that bad news. We have recently also had a cancer scare with my wife's mother and can understand a little of the impact that this may have on you. I hope that any treatment she receives is effective and please accept our best wishes.
 

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Posts
3,845
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

Thank you.

Atm the doctors aren't talking about treatment as they are not done doing all their examining of my mom. All we know for now is that it's in her hip and possibly spine too. But also that it's not the primary cancer.
 

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Posts
7,069
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. My well wishes are with you.

Heather
 

Eclipse

New member
AmiBayer
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Posts
31
Country
England
Region
Kent
Re: Tired

Re: Tired

Sorry about your mum dude, my Mum had cancer too and alas she is no longer here.
Do you have civil courts like we do in the UK? Could you not sue him? It's usually enough to get people like that to sort matters out.
 

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Posts
3,845
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Re: It's getting better (was: Tired)

Hello,

It's time for an update.

First of all, let me just say thank you to all of you and your kind words, but a special thank you to Gary aka Imnogeek.

Sunday this week was the starting point for the turnabout to when things seem a little more manageable. Allthough the day started terribly by the sudden and unexpected death of a close friend of my girlfriend. Her friend died in the 8th month of her pregnancy leaving behind two children, an exhusband and her new boyfriend. Why she died no one knowes for sure yet. But she was buried today and Bente is attending.

Later on last sunday my mother arrived Radiumhospitalet here in Oslo. We all went to visit her, and I've spent atleast 8hrs at her bedside per day, if not more.

Tuesday they put in a "saddle prosthesis" (image is an illustration - not one from mom!, src-no). Allthough she is in a lot of pain her spirits are rising. Partly because her pain treatment is becomming more efficient (spinal epidural), but also because she now has her family around her.

Her tumor is 4x12 cm (short/long diameteres), and the surgeon took out a good amount of tissue for analysis. And if it's spread from breast cancer which they think, then they are optimistic about killing the tumor and reduce it's size. But it's way too early to know now, also the next six weeks is about restoring her leg and training for her.

I've had a good talks with the support group "Cancer Society", and they have helped me sorting my thoughts and efforts to be productive for my mother.


In regards to Eivind Espenes aka Ideal of Amiga.org who cheated me out of my money. Well, claims don't expire so soon in Norway. I can still raise a claim with him in courts up to 48 months after the transaction. So I have still plenty of time to sorth that guy out.

You guys have been awesome, and so has my friends here in Oslo. It's in times like these that you really see peoples true colours!

Thank you guys.
 

imnogeek

Active member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Posts
2,058
Country
UK
Region
Midlands
Re: It's getting better (was: Tired)

Keep smiling my friend, smiling is infectious and that is what makes the world a better place.

Gary

2.gif
2.gif
2.gif

2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
 
Top Bottom