it's shock__

shock__

Country
Germany
Region
Berlin
Hi,
finally got sick of the "big e" and decided to register here.
About myself, I'm 25 from the deepest west of Germany.
I currently own about 20 retro systems, with my precious being an Atari MSTE with 030@50Mhz + GFX Card + NIC, a boxed series 1 C64 (serialnumber under 1000) as well as a russian DIY clone of the ZX Spectrum (roughly 60 TTLs). I used to be a collector, but decided to cut down my stuff to the one I either use or which is really collectible.
Amigas I currently own 4 (A500, A500+, A600 [like new, possibly for sale at some point here], towered A1200).
Also yeah, my primary interest on those machines are the demoscene and hardware repairs ... no old memories or playground wars to be fought here :)
I guess that should be enough for now.

Last edited:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Hi shock__

Be sure to familiarise with all the sticky posts here please....

https://www.amibay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

This Retro Trading Post & Forum is heavily patrolled compared to most other sites. Kick back with a coffee & please do check these rules.

Hope yo have a great time here. (y)

Best Wishes,

Kin

commodorejohn

Shameless recidivist
Country
United States
Region
Minnesota
Some of those Russian-made machines are pretty fascinating. The standard home-computer clones are interesting enough, but what I'd really like to try out is the Elektronika BK PDP-11 clone. Seriously, who makes a stripped-down minicomputer and then tries to market it as a home computer? (Oh, right, TI.)

shock__

Country
Germany
Region
Berlin
... but what I'd really like to try out is the Elektronika BK PDP-11 clone. Seriously, who makes a stripped-down minicomputer and then tries to market it as a home computer? (Oh, right, TI.)
Well, thing is when those PDP-11 clone homecomputers were coming out, they were already quite outdated :p What made them interesting was prolly the bus used on PDP-11 machines, which was easy to clone and already had existing expansions (which were just unreachable thanks to the iron curtain and prolly cost a 5 months salary)
Funnily enough recent ZX Spectrum clones (as there are still 3 incarnations being developed) are currently more like Atari ST-Amiga hybrids hardware wise.

Top Bottom