Japanese Proxy Services?

sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Alresford
Does anyone have any knowledge/experience/recommendations of Japanese Proxy Services I can use to buy items off Yahoo Japan?

I'm after some Japanese machines like the FM-Towns II, NEC PC-9801 and NEC PC-9821 that don't seen readily available in Europe (or at what I'd consider reasonable prices), and have them shipped either to the UK or Ireland. Also what costs should I look out for, is it just commission and shipping costs?

Thanks in advance.

romppainen

AmiBayer
Country
Finland
Region
Kymenlaakso
www.jauce.com
www.buyee.jp

I have used these and can recommend them both, they work pretty much the same although there are some differences:

- Jauce have slighty higher fees but offer discount if you chain several successful bids with less than 24 hours between them
- Buyee have lower base fees but always require Yahoo sellers to send registered parcels which eats up some of the benefit

- Jauce accept only PayPal
- Buyee accept both PayPal and Visa/MC cards

- Jauce require user to deposit money into your internal account before you can bid (withdraws are also allowed)
- Buyee allows you to bid whenever you want and charge you when you actually win an auction

- Jauce allow users to make search requests which are, after fulfilled, also permanently stored in their search engine for later use
- Buyee have better possibilities to filter search results by subcategories
(- please note that both suck in searching by english keywords!)

Both parties offer consolidated shipping, free storage of items for determined time period to make consolidation easier, optional protective packaging and several different shipping methods you can choose from.

The total price including all the comissions builds up roughly of following things:

- item price
- comission (minimum/permanent/percentage of item price/combined)
- domestic shipping costs
- banking fee
- international shipping costs + optional services

+ case-dependant additional fees like handling fees, domestic taxes and such which may or may not occur depending of various things like nature of bought items, different types of Yahoo seller accounts and whatnot. Check out the guides and FAQs as they offer samples and calculators you can use to get the idea. I didn't include customs fees as they depend of your whereabouts, but these proxies put just the original prices in their shipping documents leaving all the fees outta there, so it's only item prices and international shipping costs that count.

Hopefully I managed to help you a bit with this, don't hesitate asking more or dropping me a PM if you come up with new questions.

Last edited:

sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Alresford
Fantastic, that's exactly the detailed information I was hoping for, thanks (y)

I'll try those 2 and will hopefully have some Japanese machines soon :smile:

Top Bottom