Jenson Button - F1 World Champion 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Did any of you watch the great Formula One race in Brazil last weekend? And what did you think? Are you proud of Button?

Jenson Button drove a brilliant race, fighting his way through the field, going from 14th on the grid after a really horrible rain drenched qualifying to finish in 5th place and claim the 2009 World Championship for both himself and the constructors championship for Brawn GP.

For me it was one of, of not the best race of 2009, and Button drove brilliantly to clench the World Championship.

And when they interviewed Ross Brawn you could see how much this meant to him and his team. I'm so proud of what they have been able to achieve this year.

Congratulations to both Brawn GP as the new constructors champions, and to Jenson Button as the new Formula One world champion.

I did feel a little sorry for Mark Webber and Lewis Hamilton. No one really paid much attention to Mark's great drive to win the actual race, or Hamilton managing to finish 3rd, because all eyes were on Jenson.

And Rubens bad luck continued with first the bad traffic he filtered back into after his pit stop, and then the puncture dropping him back to finish 8th. It was his home grand prix and I don't think it is very lucky for him. He looked in such a good position before the race too. He did seem genuinely happy for Button though, and regardless of what the press reported over the year they do look like good friends when you see them talking and together. And without Rubens Brawn wouldn't have the constructors championship so he deserved to be proud.

And it was so funny watching the BBC after race F1 Forum channel with them all crammed in the Brawn garage talking and discussing the race and championship, with the Brawn engineers all celebrating, jumping up and down and singing, and then grabbing hold of Eddie Jordan, followed by a rather worried looking David Coulthard. That was funny. :LOL:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Re: Jenson Button - F1 World Champion 2009

I saw the race.

Congrats to Button! (y)

Barrichello's bad luck is legendary, poor bugger. But he still is an exceptional pilot that don't deserve the critics and cynicism that Brazilian press throw at him.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

Barrichello is brilliant at setting up the car. However he has never been that consistent in a full race.

However this year I think the Brawn car just suited Button's driving style much more in the early part of the season. Barrichello is much harder on the car compared to Button's smooth driving style.

What has the Brazilian press been saying about him?

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

Press always chase him, saying he is not a champion, eternal vice-champion, slow driver and other bad names.

Sincerely, I never got why they do this to the guy.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

rkauer said:
Press always chase him, saying he is not a champion, eternal vice-champion, slow driver and other bad names.

Sincerely, I never got why they do this to the guy.

because he signed up to Ferrari for the money, he signed knowing he would always be the number two driver, on his day he is very fast but he's not consistant and therefore not a champion, now Massa on the other hand is getting better and better every year, and next year we'll see if his accident has changed him mentally, but i prey he's fine! go Massa F1 world champion 2010 :thumbsup2:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

Barrichello is the ideal driver to have as your team mate in an F1 team, because he can do all the setup testing work over a race weekend and get the car setup ready for qualifying and the race. Schumacher used him well for this role at Ferrari, and few times this year Button "borrowed" his setup.

I don't think he is championship material though.

cosmicfrog

The 1 That Ribbits
Country
UK
Region
Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands

I just hope both the brawns can be on the podium for the las race of the season pref with Barrichello on the top spot

also wish masa the best of luck but not being a Ferrari fan boy I can say I`d like to see them win anything but be good to have him back as he is improving after making some fundamental mistakes

also anyone think it was nice of brawm mechanics to pull the fuel hose out of that macalrean

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

Yes, it was really nice of them to do that. Although I expect they were more interested in their own safety at that point. Kimi must have needed a change of underwear after that too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom