Just got a nice piece of kit......

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
I did a favour for our site sparks yesterday, by giving him an ADSL filter to sort out a troublesome fax machine in the Engineering shop at work.

Today, I got a nice present from him. He gave me a briefcase sized, RS-branded UV light box, suitable for EPROM and PCB prototyping work. (y)

I can't wait to start knocking out a few boards with this (the C64 Duplicator Project for a start), but before I get into this, I wanted to ask others on here, that may have similar kit for making PCB prototypes; which is better, the spray resist on a standard copper-clad board, or the pre-prepared, peel-and-expose boards?

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Oh I remember those boxes. Back in the day my friend had a gold account for the Commodore64 BBS Compunet. Mid / Late Eighties we (around 6 of us) came by a pile of C64 modems and because my friends compunet account was programmed to his Rom if his Modem he let us copy the his rom to our freshly blanked Eprom's (courtesy of similar UV box hehe) via a nice eprom expansion he had. Much joy was had by all :)

John

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Defnitely the peel & expose type, I've used them so many times, even double sided.

TC (y)

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
Thanks TC (y)

When I read "uv light box" I thought of some fancy retr0brighting, but bad guess.

Reminds me, some h2o2 needs to be purchased for my a600. Just have to convince my better half I'm not gone completly bonkers when I'm putting a tub of computer parts outside in the sun.

Top Bottom