Just out of interest, did anybody know this video was made on the Amiga?

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfqL7bwx9fs

This is one of the few videos and songs from the last 10 years that I actually loved. The album is comes from is probably one of the best from that period too. The original live action video they shot for the song was rubbish (it looked half finished, like they were going to matte and blue screen elements in), and I think it got recycled for the follow up single.

The video presented here was supposedly entirely animated on Deluxe Paint on an Amiga. I remember thinking that it looked like an Amiga demo. The ending set it up for a sequel, so it is a real shame they never made it. I personally think the record company tried to sabotage that band's success as they had at least 5 single on that album that never were, that could have easily have charted very very highly.

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
I remember that video clip. I've watched it several times on my Sat TV, but never imagine it was created entirely with an Amiga and Deluxe Paint. Great. (y)

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
The music ain't my style, but I enjoyed the video for the first time seeing it on SatTV around the time it went out. "Some nice pixel-art there, wow, that's something I haven't saw in a while", I said to meself, and forgot all about it.
Then around the time YouTube was born (~2005) I saw this one again and someone on PPA.pl mentioned that it was painted in Deluxe Paint.
Now that was a freaking pleasant surprise that made me proud that I actually know what DP is, lol. :LOL:

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
I renember this well, I never knew either if i'm honest. :)

Wuld have been cool to actually see this playing on the real thing as some sort of downloadable on AmiNet or something.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
All done with Deluxe Paint. Simple but still clever stuff.

Kin

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Crikey! I know the video quite well, but had no idea it was made on an Amiga!

I remember downloading it from their website somewhere along the lines. It was provided in the 'correct' resolution, one pixel to one pixel. You got the blocky effect simply by fullscreening it :)

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Yeah, great tribute from the father of Amy. Funny the Portal music fits so good in the Amiga history.

Top Bottom