Just returned back from my holidays ..... look what I found!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK
Hi all,

I was on holiday last week (that's why I didn't contribute to the RG forum :wink: )
Anyway, on my hols to Paington (in Devon) I came across a few arcades. Now, I didn't take loads of pics (I never seem to remember to have my camera on me at the right times) but I did have my camera on me when I went on the pier

So, here is where I went:

enterance.jpg

Paington Pier - July 2009

and upon entering, I found quite a few games:

ferrari_challenge.jpg

Ferrari Challenge

ghost_squad.jpg

Ghost Squad

rambo.jpg

Rambo

star_wars_trilogy.jpg

Star Wars Trilogy

sega_rally_3.jpg

Sega Rally 3

Now, there was lots more, but I only got pics of machines that I hadn't seen elsewhere or ones that I was interested in.
I did stumble across two slightly unusual machines:

guitar_hero.jpg

Guitar Hero

I was very shocked to see a Guitar Hero arcade machine .... I thought this was quite neat.
I had a quick go, it seems to be mostly the tracks from GH2 and GH3 on this machine.

and finally .... I spotted a machine that had a choice of games on it, not a MAME cab, but, the games is carried were Retro :)

classics.jpg

Arcade Classics

Upon sticking my coin in, I could choose from: Space Invaders, Pacman, Frogger and a couple of others (can't remember them all)

So, if anyone wants to go on holiday to specifically find arcade machines, Paington seems to be a good place to go :)

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
Re: Just returned back from my holidays ..... look what I found!

Nice piccies, it's been a while since I've been to an arcade machine land... probably around Metal Slug 1 era... :ROTFLOL2:
Is the Rambo machine merged with the Coca-cola one somehow? Do you get to drink to gain energy? ;)

PS: Don't forget to say hello to Pierre from us next time. :mrgreen:

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK

Shoonay said:
Is the Rambo machine merged with the Coca-cola one somehow? Do you get to drink to gain energy? ;)
:ROTFLOL2:

Unfortunately not! It would be waaaay cool if the Coca-Cola machine was merged with the Rambo arcade :)

AmigaNut08

AmiBayer
Country
Australia
Region
Victoria

I have never seen Rambo by Sega before.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

Nice find.

I'm quite lucky where I live as I have Southsea (Portsmouth) close by which still has a fairly large arcade with loads of machines. Plus there are 2 piers in Southsea too, which also house quite large arcades.

Worthing also has a Pier with an arcade.

And in Southampton their is the Sega Park which has a load as well. Another which used to have loads, Leisure World, was updated recently and they sadly took most of the arcade machines out, but there are still some there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom