Keyrah

sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Alresford
Does anyone have any experience with the Keyrah, are there any drawbacks or know of a better alternative?

I find myself with a couple of spare cases (both missing the trap door), a keyboard and a Raspberry Pi that hardly gets any use so I thought I might use them for a little project rather than have them going to waste.

P1050654.jpg

Last edited:

RichyV

A4000 lives once more! A1200 bits are going...
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Gloucestershire
The bracket that holds the ribbon cable from the keyboard in place can be a little fiddly to get right and shifts over time. So be ok with opening up the case and adjusting from time to time. Other than that, they're ace! I use my A1200 as my main PC keyboard every day without issue.

HTH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

stephenfalken

Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Use a Keyrah on my breadbin with the Pi running RetroPie which runs most emulators including amiga.

It is possible to use an Arduino as a USB keyboard and joystick interface, but that is nowhere near as tidy and convenient as the Keyrah. For the price they are excellent.

Hope that helps :)

sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Alresford
Cool, that's great information. I'll order the unit and try the retroPie image (y)

ElectroBlaster

Country
Exeter, Devon
I have both V1 and V2 versions of the excellent Keyrah! Save yourself hassle by going straight for the V2, the A1200/A600 ribbon solution is better than the V1!

Got a V2 currently sat in a C64-ITX Breadbin pc mod, works perfectly :D

*Only one little negative regarding the V2! No internal usb header as standard, but takes minutes to sort out with a soldering iron and some pin header strips :D

japandrej

Country
Serbia
Region
Belgrade
I have a quick question about Keyrah, hope it's okay to post here instead of openning a new topic :)

The only option for the Power LED light to be on seems to have the switch down, which then makes the keyboard unusable since it changes U,I,O,P,J,K,L to numpad numbers on my A600. When I put it in the middle position, the keyboard has full functionality but all the LEDs are off. Is there a way to have both keyboard and lights on?

Top Bottom