'Kyte' RTC for the Amiga

nathany

Country
UK
Hi All,

I wondered if anyone had ever encountered a "Kyte" Realtime Clock for the Amiga 500/1200 that connects via the parallel port? The idea being you plug this in to the parallel and run their app on boot in to Workbench which syncs the time with that on the RTC connected to the parallel port.

I brought this many years ago (early 90s) and seem to recall I couldn't get it working then, having rediscovered Amiga I thought I'd try and getting it up and running with an A600.

There are no particular errors just that the RTC isn't so realtime. I've replaced the two batteries with new ones but still no joy. Perhaps someone else has encountered such a device and knows the secret to getting it to work?

Regards,
Nathan.

RedDaemonFox

Amiga's enemy is my enemy!
AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
Welcome nathany to Amibay!

A few things:
I've never heard of this Kyte RTC, sounds interesting.
Please fill out location in profile (not very specific does it need, you can say country for example)
It may help if you supply a photo.

Good Luck!

nathany

Country
UK
I've attached a few images; the device, inside the device and the disk that came with it.

Looking at the device it looks like it was produced by a reasonably small scale operation, the label on it looks like it was printed on an early inkjet type printer as does the label on the disk. In fact having squinted at the blurred address it was sold by 'Kyte Products' based in Keynsham, UK.

Hopefully this may help someone recall the Kyte RTC.

Attachments

• 18062010.jpg
    18062010.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 18062010(002).jpg
    18062010(002).jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 18062010(001).jpg
    18062010(001).jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
I think it's better to .adf the disk and give it to the tosec archives, mate. I bet the application archive does not have this disk in.

Top Bottom