Laser Printer for Amiga OS 3.9

jooge1

Country
USA
Region
Tennessee
What would be a great laser printer for an Amiga 1200 with 68040/PPC 200 running Amiga OS 3.9? James Hayes

motrucker

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Annapolis, Maryland
I used to use an HP 4M laser with 3.1OS on my A2000, '040 machine. I am sure the field has opened up in 3.9OS. The output in 3.1 was using the HP Laserjet driver, and it gave excellent output - only monochrome, of course. When I installed 3.5OS on that machine, things remained the same. Never went to 3.9. Might do that soon.
Easy way to figure out what you can use, just look through the laser driver in 3.9, and check to see which printers can use, or emulate those models. Should be easier than you think.

ptyerman

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Nottinghamshire
Any PCL or Postscript compatible printer will work, almost all laser printers come within that scope, even the latest ones. Just use the HP Laserjet or Postscript driver and your good to go. Just check first if the printer is PCL compliant.

jooge1

Country
USA
Region
Tennessee
Thank You so much. James Hayes

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a ton. James Hayes

- - - Updated - - -

Hello again I forgot to ask would this driver work with any laserjet like a brother, canon or of course other hp with lpt will work as well. Thank You James Hayes

Top Bottom