ratfink

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire
Neat little rubbery orange laptop but touch screen functionality has failed and I have removed the hard drive. So what you'd be getting is a "barebones" laptop with i3 and 4gb ram, and a working screen [NOT TOUCHSCREEN!] to which you'll need to add a hard drive and operating system.

Bought this about 18 months ago, touch screen has failed - sometimes touch works when the laptop is almost closed, not otherwise. Screen works otherwise, no cracks or bad pixels afaik - just the touch functionality that's the problem. I suppose it's something in the hinges or the screen. I suspect the hinges because the problem progressed gradually - at first it would only work when open 270 degrees or more, now it's only when 40 degrees or less. I've gently dismantled the keyboard half to see if there's anything obvious wrong there, but to me there isn't. I've reseated ribbon cables and the cables that seem to come from where the hinges are, made no difference.

Laptop has not been used a great deal. One or two case screws came out when I first had it, of which I lost one entirely.

It's the i3, 4gb ram version, has sockets for usb, usb3, HDMI [mini or micro or some such, I forget], an sd card slot, and comes with charger.

I'm keeping the hard drive so it won't come with an operating system - originally it came with Windows 8, you may be able to buy/download an image from Lenovo, otherwise I have booted Ubuntu 14.04 from a usb stick on this, the only issues I found were that Ubuntu didn't seem to have drivers for the wireless [but see here for a possible solution: http://sudomasochism.com/post/55464266362/installing-ubuntu-linux-on-a-lenovo-yoga-11s] or the touchpad. A usb mouse worked fine.

The ram is a simm so can possibly be upgraded - it's not soldered to the board. To get to the ram you need to remove all screws on the back [including under the rubber feet] and remove keyboard [take care over ribbon cable]. If you remove the keyboard surround as well [two more screws] you can get to the hard drive. It takes a small SSD [MSATA maybe? almost like a tiny simm] drive that fits on the motherboard and is held by a screw and a peg. Easy enough to do.

£150 posted by Hermes, paypal gift, UK only.

If I can send things with batteries internationally then happy to do so at cost minus a notional £5 built-in for UK Hermes delivery.

Attachments

• IMGP0046.jpg
    IMGP0046.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP0047.jpg
    IMGP0047.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP0048.jpg
    IMGP0048.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

thecellartroll

Keeper of the Valiant Turtles.
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Country
Scotland
Region
Edinburgh
The Windows 8 key should be stored in BIOS so you should just need a Windows 8 disc/iso to reinstall to a new hard drive.

ratfink

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire
ok thanks. actually i find myself using this laptop again now, will keep a while longer.

thread can be closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom