AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg
Ideal for toying around with MorphOS:

Mac Mini G4 1.5 GHz (silent update), comes with OSX 10.5.8 installed.

I bought this some 2-3 months ago shortly after the whole MorphOS on Mac Mini hype started spreading, but (just like many other things) it's just sitting in it's box in my cupboard, not being used.

I tested it when I got it, but I can't really remember the amount of RAM and the size of the HD, so I'll have to check that again. I will update this thread tonight with details and pics. The case has some scratches and discolouring (tar/nicotine?) on top.

No keyboard or mouse. Asking €250 excluding shipping.

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg
I'll post some pictures when I'm back at home. There's 1GB RAM on board, what more specs do you want? (I don't know anything other than what can be found on the box and the "About this Mac" option).

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
If you hit "More info" in the "About This Mac" box, it'll bring up the system profiler. From there, you can find out stuff like the graphics chipset and internal drives etc. Might be worth a look. :)

scole

Banned
Rating - 97.7%
43   1   0
Country
Kent, UK
What size hdd, wireless card installed, Bluetooth installed? I'm thinking for a living room media centre you see, so that's the spec I need.

If none of the above is present then I wouldn't be interested, unless your price were to drop somewhat.

Cheers.

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg
I can't sum up everything that's in the "More info", but here's the drives:

Seagate ST9808211A harddrive (80GB)
Panasonic CW-8124 Combodrive (no DVD write)

Furthermore it has the 64MB gfx chipset.

You might want to find yourself either an English OS X cd/dvd, or ditch it completely for MorphOS/Linux, since there's a Dutch install. I don't know if it can't be switched to English since my OS X knowledge is close to zero (also, if there's anything that needs to be typed to do that it'll be troublesome as I don't have any USB keyboards...)

edit:
@stevecole: I didn't notice your latest reply until I saw an E-mail reminder...

Here's more answers: yes, there is an Airport Extreme onboard, I have to check again for Bluetooth but I think it's there. Hold on for 3 minutes while I re-attach it to a monitor :)

edit 2: Yep, Bluetooth is also present

edit 3: and I've changed the language to English, so it's all set up to go abroad. The only thing you would need is a powerplug converter.

Last edited:

scole

Banned
Rating - 97.7%
43   1   0
Country
Kent, UK
Excellent, thanks for that. If you would upload a bunch of pictures later that would be great. The thing would live by my tv so I'm a little concerned about the staining and scratches you describe...

Off topic, I spent a lovely long weekend just outside Groningen over Sinterklaas visiting my girlfriends family. Holland is a wonderful country, everyone I met spoke fluent English and were incredibly pleasent to me. So, well done for being Dutch! :D

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg
Excellent, thanks for that. If you would upload a bunch of pictures later that would be great. The thing would live by my tv so I'm a little concerned about the staining and scratches you describe...

The scratches are (IMHO) very minor (same kind of scratches you get on you cellphone when you carry it around in your pocket all day) and there's hardly any discolouration. I cleaned the machine with a damp cloth and it seems fine to me now. I shouldn't look bad next to your tv :)

I tried to make some detailed pictures, if you PM me your E-mail address I'll send them to you (7.3 MB)

scole

Banned
Rating - 97.7%
43   1   0
Country
Kent, UK
Hello. I'm going to have to withdraw interest I'm afraid, I came across one locally so I snagged that.

Thanks for your help though, good luck!

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg
D'oh! I knew I forgot something :Doh: - I sold the Mac Mini 2 days ago outside Amibay.

I had it advertised on a few websites, and closed/deleted all ads except this one :oops:

So: thread may be closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom