MacBook Pro clone!

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Don't spend on that, you can do it yourself rather easily.(y)

It took me one week of holiday, cut away from the internet and free evenings:D

A lot of netbooks and notebooks run mac os x rather well, mostly only changing the wireless card can make them almost 100% complete.

I have working laptops who have it on to run some apps(y)

RedDaemonFox

Amiga's enemy is my enemy!
AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
I like the case though. Also, its chinese made, so it should be VERY cheap, I would have it run: Ubuntu, (hopefully) Amithlon, Haiku (or ZETA if it has the drivers) and DragonFly BSD

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I would not trust it, but hey if it's cheap inform me, and you are happy, might buy one myself..

Laptops enjoy wear and tear, misabuse, etc... A good one survives... A cheap one...

The only "cheap" laptop I've got is the netbook acer aspire D250, quite nice .. It survided all of my unwanted use:ninja: I dropped it between my legs while on the toilet and nothing to see, running (y)

Brataccas

AmiBayer
Country
Swindon
Region
Wiltshire
Yup i agree with jvdbossc the build quality is no where near even a regular pc lappy. Personally i use a Dell 1720, it cost me no more than £400 and runs os x perfectly plus i can stick two sata drives in which is handy for my dual boot linux / os x setup. Running a quick geekbench on it it`s quicker than a Mac Book Pro :)

Cheers,

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
Yup i agree with jvdbossc the build quality is no where near even a regular pc lappy. Personally i use a Dell 1720, it cost me no more than £400 and runs os x perfectly plus i can stick two sata drives in which is handy for my dual boot linux / os x setup. Running a quick geekbench on it it`s quicker than a Mac Book Pro :)

Cheers,

I went on the dell wepages to look up this 1720, even thought it says radeon 9600m gt I can only configure it with intel 4500 - and there are no os x drivers for that chipset (if there are, say so. I got a laptop with that who I have to run linux on, but would prefer os x)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I can't tell you, since I have ATI X300 in my thinkpad and gma 950 in my netbook. It all depends what you are using to install it of course. I would prefer not to go in more depth with this.. Maybe the user running it on your graphics card has the answer, I can only guess:

Use driver for an older graphic version?
Some Alpha driver?

Brataccas

AmiBayer
Country
Swindon
Region
Wiltshire
@ moijk - Hi, 8600m GT wise i use EFI strings with graphics enabler in the boot.com.apple.plist file, means i have direct access to the hardware without needing to bung any rubbish drivers on, compared to a natit injection i get higher frame rates.

Cheers,

Top Bottom