Maddest PC case yet?

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
20098131353153343.jpg

What do you think of this?

Its the latest case from Thermaltake, called the Level 10, and it is a Design collaboration between Thermaltake and BMW Group Designworks USA.

It utilises a new Open Compartment Architecture, which means that each component is held in its own small case compartment and can be accessed individually, so no more need to open one large case.

Does it look good? I'm personally not so sure about that, although it could be said to look quite cool and futuristic with the large glowing lights when running. Although personally I much rather see blue LED lighting than red. What is it with the latest cases having red lighting?

Is it affordable? Hell no! RRP is £550, and lowest in stores is around £450. And that doesn't include a PSU.

Check out this case at http://www.thermaltake.com/product_o...CID=C_00001541

So what do you think?

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
The best case for the upcoming Amiga X1000. (y)

Future OS must be inside a future case. :p

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
No air flow over the components & a crazy price to boot.

Then again, I've never been a fan of Thermaltake as a case maker.

I guess if you want something different & have more money than sense, have it. In terms of praticality & as an Engineer, I think it's crap.

Kin

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Personally Thermaltake is one of my favourite case makers, but not for all of there case designs. They either seem to make nice cases or really horrible looking ones.

My main system is inside a Thermaltake Tsunami and I love that case, plus I have 2 other systems in Soprano cases which are like a slightly more budget version of the Tsunami. Both great cases.

However this System 10 case is in my view quite horrible.

I think at the moment if I needed a new case it would have to be an Antec 900 or 1200.

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
About Thermaltake, it's my favourite too. I have one Armor Black and a Lanbox Lite cases for my Win and AmigaOS systems respectively.

Nathanieltolbert

Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
With everything being compartmentalized as such I would think that cooling would be an issue, but apparently it's okay in that respect. There are tons of reviews on the internet and the average seems to be that it's only an okay case, but it is completely ridiculous for the asking price.

Nathan

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
It looks like some one Vac-Pack'ed a PC in PVC crossed with a Brevel Sandwich Maker

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Lets face it Z, That's your ultimate fantasy!

You may have a point =)

I love sandwich makers =D

Ham 'n Cheese
Beef 'n Cheese
Cheese 'n Pickle

the possibilities are endless =D

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
My favorite case is this:

overview_hero2_20090303.png

The problem I have with Apple is their case designers make them very easy to access the parts Apple want you to access, and hard to access the parts they don't. For me that isn't on.

Top Bottom