Status
Not open for further replies.

BinoX

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Helston, Cornwall
Just to check if this is allowable to do...

I am gunna be selling some hardware this weekend (probably anyway) however I would like to set some rules for this particular one, and would like to check if they are allowable..

The rules I would like to set are:

1) I will be running the sale for a week and will decide upon the best offer 1 week from posting the advert and will not sell it before then

2) I will have it for sale in multiple places so it may not neccesarily go to anyone who submits an offer through amibay

3) At the end of it, I reserve the right to not sell it at all if my situation changes. (Obviously once the trade has been agreed upon and payment made then the sale will still continue)

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hello there my friend,

the method you want to use is perfectly fine for AmiBay, however you would have to place an "Offers in the Region £???" :)

please put and end date and begining date... another is to state NO OFFERS in the thread as this not only would make it an auction, but also be considered price driving.

I look forward to seeing your auctions :), if there is any query's just message away the mods are here to help you.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ Binox

Just to clarify Zetr0's comment.

Stating "£xxx or nearest offer received by (date)" is the most acceptable wording, as it is not inviting an auction. By doing this you have stated your asking price instead of setting a reserve.

By doing this, price driving is avoided, as you have stated your asking price and have not compared it to anywhere else.

Thanks

Merlin

BinoX

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Helston, Cornwall
Thanks for the quick responses guys :)
Will put the ad(s) on this weekend after I've had time to sort through some stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom