Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi to all.

Recently I bought next items for my A4000D tower project:

- Mediator 4000D
- Picasso IV
- Voodoo 3 3000 16 MB

No time to work in my project now. But I have some questions.

- Picasso IV & Voodoo 3 work fine together? As described in the manual the Mediator 4000D have one "video slot". I need a special configuration?

- Picasso IV built-in a flickerfixer is also scandoubler? I still need my Indivision AGA?

- Old video modes are redirected by Picasso IV to the VGA port (I have one DB23 => VGA adapter)?

Thanks to all

Tahoe

Collector Extrodinaire
AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Wilnis
First thing first, why would you use 2 videocards? Are you planning on using 2 monitors?

Question 1: You do not need a special configuration hardware-wise, your Picasso IV will take the Videoslot/Zorro III slot. The Voodoo will take PCI.

Question 2: Yes, the Picasso IV has a built in scandoubler. It's quality is only rivalled by the Indi's. Big advantage the Picasso IV has in the built-in switcher though, switching from AGA to RTG is done automatically. In theory you would not need your Indi. I would however choose one combination that suits you, either using the Picasso IV without Voodoo/Indi or use the Voodoo/Indi and put the Picasso IV to better use in a different machine.

Question 3: Yes. No need for an adapter, Picasso IV will send all screens from your Amiga, including bootmenu's etc. to it's VGA connector. You will not need/use your 23pin Video connector at all.

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
@Tahoe

The idea is to use the Voodoo to play Warp3D games. Picasso have 4MB and Voodoo 16MB. It's a good idea?

Whoo! Great news about the scandoubler/flickerfixer & switcher of the Picasso IV.

When I have more time I start my tower project. Sure I have more questions....

Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom