MediaVision 2x SCSI-1 CD-ROM/portable CD player - sell or recycle?

MediaVision 2x SCSI-1 CD-ROM/portable CD player - sell or recycle?

• Sell!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Recycle!

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Firthy2002

DF0:NDOS
AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Leeds, West Yorkshire
So I was going through some stuff in the process of sorting out the bedrooms when I came across a Squirrel SCSI and a MediaVision double-speed(!) SCSI-1 CD-ROM and portable CD player.
Further digging uncovered the PSU and carry case.

I decided to test the CD player mode and it worked fine!
Unfortunately I am not able to test the SCSI interface as I don't own any SCSI-equipped computer systems at the moment.

The last time it was used as a CD-ROM drive was with my A1200 about 9(!) years ago with the aforementioned Squirrel.

So at worst it's usable as a portable CD player only.

I was thinking of listing it on here, but I'm not sure if people would be willing to pay for a double speed drive that may not even work as a CD-ROM, as they can probably pick up faster drives for not much money in 2010.

What do you guys think I should do with it?

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
i guess it would come down to what you would want for the drive and squirrel and do you not have an a1200 or a600 to test them?

Firthy2002

DF0:NDOS
AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Leeds, West Yorkshire
I was gonna list them separately as people might not want or need both and a CD-ROM isn't really platform-specific.

I wasn't planning on asking loads for either as both have been unused for a long time now.

As I said, I'm currently Amigaless (to be rectified in the very near future) so can't test the Squirrel and nothing I own has SCSI so can't test the MediaVision in CD-ROM mode.

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
i might be interested in both depending on cost for my a1200

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Sell.

As a bundle or separately, that's up to you. But if the stand-alone unit works playing CDs, I bet they still works in the SCSI bus.

You can always offer a DOA guarantee.

darkage

AmiBayer
Country
Victoria, Australia
Whao Mediavision external x SCSI cdrom.

Actually my last company I worked for was the Mediavision ditributor for Australia. I should have a number of these units in my garage with backup nicad batteries I think somewhere.. I grabbed alot of stuff when work was moving offices hmm!

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ Firthy2002

Any kind of CDROM interface is a desirable thing for an A1200 & it certainly has a sale value.

Definitely a sell for your pocket, so why re-cycle it? - Unless of course you want to feel warm & fuzzy about someone getting it for the cost of postage. ;)

Kin

Top Bottom