CBM & Retro Mad
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Country
UK
Region
North Wales
The size's are not the same from 1-2 as said i use a universal psu with voltage selector for my mk2 works a treat :) so maybe you could get one of those?

Chris

mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
i was thinking the same , i bought one from maplins - universal psu (for laptops in my case) voltages from 3v to 18v as i recall.

ck1200

CBM & Retro Mad
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Country
UK
Region
North Wales
i was thinking the same , i bought one from maplins - universal psu (for laptops in my case) voltages from 3v to 18v as i recall.

Not sure what mine goes up to but i just remember it was not easy to get a mk 2 psu at the time, so went for that :)

Seaside

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Athens
Be very very carefull with Sega PSU's.

They are tons of them and they are all different.

As i'm collecting consoles SEGA only and i have more than 55. I can assure that many times the psu's are different each other not only by their plug but also the wattage,load (amps) and their polarity

The most dangerous thing that people don't observe is the polarity.

Thus they use wrong polarity psu with result to damage the mainboard or some caps.

Universal PSU's are not recommended at least by me.

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Country
England
Region
South Shields
@ jimbob005

Did you get a psu in the end? I have a MD2 one here and I need a MD1 psu for myself (im hoping mjnurney still has his). PM me if you still want one and we can sort something out.

Oge

Rating - 95%
37   2   1
Country
Italy
Region
Mediterraneo
It is a pretty old thread, it could be that jimbob005 found what he was looking for :)

Cheers,
Oge

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
Be very very carefull with Sega PSU's.

They are tons of them and they are all different.

As i'm collecting consoles SEGA only and i have more than 55. I can assure that many times the psu's are different each other not only by their plug but also the wattage,load (amps) and their polarity

The most dangerous thing that people don't observe is the polarity.

Thus they use wrong polarity psu with result to damage the mainboard or some caps.

You sure this is true for all countries Seaside? I recall having Megadrive, MegaCD and Gamegear and having loads of different plugs for them over the years, all official Sega adaptors, all fitted each console and worked fine for years. Only the MD2 plug was different because it had a different connector, which wouldnt actually fit anyway. But I never had one of those when I was younger anyways.

Oge

Rating - 95%
37   2   1
Country
Italy
Region
Mediterraneo
Talking about official Sega Adapters, there are a lot of different products which vary from 9VDC to 10,5VDC.

I'm actually using an original Sega Adapter which outputs 10,5VDC (1,3A). It works okay, the consolle runs a bit heated though.

This is true and advisable, in particular using cheap products: when current is badly stabilized and very unclean, the internal regulator of a consolle like a Sega Genesis operate under stress conditions. Using a product of good quality which has the proper amperage will only be good.

For users who wants to see things clearly, there is an interesting read: Link

Cheers,
Oge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom