Memory Stick Reader/Quantifier?

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
Hi All

pretty basic query...

instead of plugging each 72 pin memory stick in a machine and booting it up and seeing what comes up in some config program I was just wondering if there is a better way? perhaps even a cheap enough memory stick reader?

And where could I get one? and, do any models test the memory stick as well?

I guess it would need some sort of LCD display with result information... too bad we haven't got something native for AmigaOS4.x or alike where plugs into USB with software in utilities... perhaps a good project for someone? ;)

of course a standalone product would be best

Thanks! (y)

---------- Post added at 09:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 ----------

Just incase you're not 100% sure what I am talking about, all I want to know is there some hardware out there that will tell you want memory size any given 72 pin simm is once you plug it in and if there does exist some hardware like this does it also check the ram for integrity?

And if not, why? :-D

HonestFlames

Country
England
Region
Shropshire
It'd be a bit of a bugger to build, I reckon. Not even sure there's enough juice from USB to power a SIMM + all the other gubbins needed.

Dreadful complicated - even if someone were to open-source a hardware diagram.

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands
there are professional testers out there from memorytesters.com but they are going to be VERY professional prices too.

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
Nothing is ever easy is it? LOL

No simple memory size readers then?

I'm thinking, bang this simm in, it's 4meg, bang this one in it's 16meg

All I want to do is check the old simms you get (something that you'd plug into your A4000 motherboard for example OR 233Mhz PPC card - nothing higher than 128Meg - only have 2 of them anyway ;) )

And really it's not about testing them it's more about just knowing the memory size... once you get the size you want you'll pop it in and test it in the computer through its software anyway...
Is there anything on that site remotely like that? :)

I have a bad feeling it caters more for modern ram modules?

Thanks for all your feedback and any other interest and help!

ChrisUnionNJ

We Will Never Forget..
Country
USA
Region
Union,NJ
Wow it seems to be able to check from 30 pin and up but there is no price
listed not even on there [SIZE=-1]refurbished units I hate that..:Doh:

Chris :coffee:

[/SIZE]

Top Bottom