AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
BO
Hello all,
Unfortunately one micro-switch on one of my favorite joysticks just died and I am in need of a replacement.

Originally, it came with Matsushita (made in Japan) micro-switches but a long time ago I replaced one of the original micro switches with one Saia (made in Switzerland) adding a metal plate to it (see pictures).

Since I still have some spare Saia micro-switches I am looking either for one (or more) Matsushita micro-switch or for one (or more) metal plate.

Microswitch_1_zpsbd60452d.jpg Microswitch_2_zpsb01b4008.jpg MS_plate_3_zps96b7c2de.jpg MS_plate_2_zpsf0c9ea44.jpg MS_plate_1_zps9522efe2.jpg

Please, if you can provide me with what I am looking for, send me a PM with your offer, thanks!

Last edited:

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Country
england
Region
birmingham
what you need is the physical dimensions of the switches .rating isnt all that important for what there used for.

width,depth and where the holes on on the case are important.as no-one will be able to work out the sizes from the pictures.
that would help greatly in finding a drop in replacement.

liviux76

Only Amiga makes it possible...
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
BO
what you need is the physical dimensions of the switches .rating isnt all that important for what there used for.

width,depth and where the holes on on the case are important.as no-one will be able to work out the sizes from the pictures.
that would help greatly in finding a drop in replacement.

The dimensions of the Matsushita micro-switch are:

height 1.6 cm
width 2.7 cm
depth 1 cm

As can be seen in the pictures the holes are just in the corners.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Country
england
Region
birmingham
this any good to you bud? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221082589928?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
if you wondering about the roller...simply cut it off and file the end flat. personally,i would get some spade connectors the right size and re-wire the joystick...some of these type of switches dont react well to being soldered to on the spade and it can damage the internal workings of the switch ive seen this...but,its up to you mate:) this way its also alot easier to repair them after as you can simply pull the connectors off no need for a soldering iron.

Last edited:

liviux76

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
BO
this any good to you bud? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221082589928?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
if you wondering about the roller...simply cut it off and file the end flat. personally,i would get some spade connectors the right size and re-wire the joystick...some of these type of switches dont react well to being soldered to on the spade and it can damage the internal workings of the switch ive seen this...but,its up to you mate:) this way its also alot easier to repair them after as you can simply pull the connectors off no need for a soldering iron.

Hello Roy,
thanks for pointing that sale out, i usually don't buy from China due to the fact that the shipment is quite "unsafe" but since the price is very low, maybe I will give it a try. :)

Thanks also for the suggestion, I have other joysticks where the micro-switches are connected with spade connectors and they are, actually, very easy to be plugged/replaced... this joystick is very old (this is the joystick that I had about 30 years ago when I received my A500 for Christmas...) and it still has the original micro-switches (ehm... at least 3 now, 1 for the firebutton and the remaining 2 that still work) and I never had to do maintenance except for a replacement long time ago.

Since it is now "under maintenance" I will probably rewire it as you suggested! (y)

liviux76

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
BO
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.