Microvitek cub monitor and the Oric ...

Robofruit

Country
United Kingdom
Region
North Yorkshire
Hi all,

I am in the process of restoring an Oric 1 and I am having rf tuning problems. Could be the T.V's or the Oric itself but simple solution would be a monitor.

My question is about the Cub GC0015102. I have someone who is willing to sell one to me for £30 which I feel is very fair. Question is will the Oric connect to it ok? I realise I will have to make my own lead up as the BBC one has 6 pins at each end and the Oric only accepts 5.

The only resource I could find was an old post where someone had been selling their Atmos with the Cub monitor but it didn't say if they actually connected together.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds, unless of course you are a troll in which case you can go back under the bridge you crawled out from ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
can you take a picture of the back of the cub please.

ill let you know as soon as i can.

EDIT: looks like the oric 1 has a rgb port at the rear possibly analogue rgb,cubs are ttl level rgb normally,but it is possible.ill wait for the picture of the rear of the cub with the label and socket in shot.

Last edited:

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Hello Chaps..... The ORIC outputs RGB TTL.
Roy, simple matter of creating a cable to go from one to the other, no resistors needed ;)

:)

Robofruit

Country
United Kingdom
Region
North Yorkshire
Do you know where the hsync middle pin would go to on the Oric din? Or would it be left disconnected?

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
bas,do you know the pinout at the oric mate i cant remember.

EDIT: dont look like it needs to be connected,connect the sync from the oric to the monitor on pin 4

EDIT2: thanks bas,as im thinking about getting an oric...wasnt sure of the rgb levels,cheers bud...youve done two with one stroke,lol

Last edited:

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
no probs,let us know how you got on:)

and,before i forget,welcome to amibay:)

Robofruit

Country
United Kingdom
Region
North Yorkshire
Hi. Just to let you know I got this working. Thanks for all the advice. I am now in the process of making a splitter to I can have the beeb connected as well as the Oric without having to swap leads every time.

Cheers,

Alan.

Top Bottom