Minimig help

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi all, i have a minimig that works fine when booting adf's however it boots up with the CPU set to turbo and NTSC video.

I can change them to Normal and PAL but when i press reset on the osd it all freezes. and i have to either press the pgm_reset on the board or pull out the power cable which of course resets the settings back to turbo and ntsc.

Anyone know how i can get it to boot as normal/pal as default or how to stop it freezing when i change the settings and choosing reset.

Thanks

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi merlinkv, my firmware is the latest pic version PGL100818 and the minimig1.bin is the corresponding version.

I have found how to save the config (press down on the exit box for the save option) however i cannot boot the minimig in PAL video.

If i boot in NTSC and then choose PAL and reset the minimig freezes. If i set to PAL and save the config and then reset the minimig or remove the power cable and start it up i just get a blank screen unless i hold down the F1 key to boot in NTSC again.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, just tried it on another TV and it seems the first tv i was using doesn't support the 50hz signal through the vga port :picard

Working fine in PAL on my other monitor/TV.

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
which jumper?

i only see two on the board, one says FPGA/MCU and the other is a 15/31Khz selection. They are currently set to 31khz and fpga

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Yes, you're right,

Is a little mistake from my side sorry. :picard :)

The jumper must be set to 31Khz to work in PAL mode. So, everything is correct in your setup.

My Minimig is an 1.1 version, 4MB & ARM

And is true, some TV/Monitors are incompatible with the Minimig VGA port.

Last edited:

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Yes it seems it was my TV/Monitor. I now have it working in PAL with normal cpu. I was testing it all to make sure its in top working order before listing it for sale as i've barely used it.

Thanks for the help :)

Top Bottom