Acceleration!
Treasurer
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Not really 'software' per-se, but this is probably the closest match.

So, one of my Amiga passions has always been tracker files, and I love fiddling around in OctaMED, but I only have a few MOD files, from CU coverdisks and my local PD library (remember those?)

So, I'm interested in gathering some nice MODs to listen to. I'm interested in original compositions as well as transcriptions of existing songs. Downloads are preferred (if you know a good site), but will consider buying floppies/CD-ROMs. Obviously keep it legal, though I suspect most MODs out there are PD anyway.

Also, let me know which tracks you like and what's good. Couple of my favourites were from CU Amiga coverdisks, Nico Arianoutsos' "The Dark" and "Occ San Geen" by K.Verbist spring to mind.

clint

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
England
Region
Market Drayton, Shropshire
Re: Wanted: MOD Files!

Have you tried a search on Aminet

clint

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

I"ll look for my 40Mb compacted backup. Just mods! .mod, .med, .xm, .it among other less known types.

Detail: I don't keep musics that I don't like! :shock:

Be prepared for some weeks of retro music. :whistle:

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

Pouet is also worth a look, Andy. I'll dig out some links for you later.

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
219   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

@Andy

I've just spotted this web address on another site http://modarchive.org/

Dave G 8)

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce

www.modules.pl is a pretty nice site, with some unique tunes I've couldn't find elsewhere...

Photon

Amiga is Yes. :)
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Country
Sweden
Region
Smaland

amp.dascene.net is a very ambitious tracker site, and probably what you're looking for.

The Modland FTP is the huge archive behind the scenes of a few such lovely sites - if you know the author's name you can usually find it in /pub/modules/ProTracker and download everything he's composed.

If you're searching for an unknown module used in a known production, you can search on BitWorld - most of the demos have links to ModLand.

Brataccas

AmiBayer
Rating - 95.2%
20   1   0
Country
Swindon
Region
Wiltshire

@ Andy - What`s your Genre? Aminet`s always a good place for submitted tracks but i have a largeish collection, if required i will dump a csv of the folders... A good chunk of what i listen to either i wrote or co-wrote back in the early clubbing days in Bournemouth, we used to run a BBS or two within MAX`s... Also do you write yourself?

Cheers,

easypreacher

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
North Devon
Hi Andy,
Are you still looking for MOD files? I came across a Weird Science "Sounds Terrific II" double cd today while i was having a rummage....
Quote from back of case..."contents include 4500 modules, over 400 extra large modules, 796 Screamtracker modules, over 1200 midi files, 4240 IFF samples, 623 WAV samples, 1091 professional instruments in both wav and iff formats and 100's of utilities..."
PM me your snail mail, and its in the post to you :)
Cheers, easypreacher.

Chinners

Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Country
England
Region
North Yorkshire
Also...

Also...

http://modarchive.org/

They have a huge (29gb) torrent availiable - mind you, it contains all kinds of tracker files. I have downloaded it, and all the updates though. (Torrents to leech from http://tracker.modarchive.org/)

If you want, for the cost of postage, I could filter out all the 4 and 8 channel mods/meds and burn them to a DVD or two (hopefully not too many more than 2 :) )

Last edited:

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
I love MOD/Tracker files as well! I'm still hoping to get a good device to play these on the go. Perhaps my Open Pandora will have a good player available once it arrives. I know the iPhone/iPod Touch has players but they do me no good since I'll never own either of those devices.

Remember when the music industry was up in arms about MODs of commercial music because they argued they were taking away from music sales? Then along came MP3 and the music industry had much bigger fish to fry. :D

Heather

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Remember when the music industry was up in arms about MODs of commercial music because they argued they were taking away from music sales? Then along came MP3 and the music industry had much bigger fish to fry.

The music industry is always up-in-arms about how they're not getting as much money as they should. I have no sympathy for them.

Anyways, thanks to everyone's posts here. I'll have to have a dig through some time, although I'm going to need a better way than floppy disks to get stuff between my Mac and my Amigas.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ AndyLandy

PM me some address deets, please. I have the Mods Anthology CDs (4 in total) and I'm sure that you will want these.

(y)

joebloggs71

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Britain
Region
Plymouth
Mods

Mods

Try these musicians from modarchive.org.jester,moby,uncle tom,sll,fred,lizardking,4mat,jesper kyd,sun,purple motion.these were the main musicians on the demoscene.also someones telling you porkys mate.occ san geen was by uncle tom.Also if you email me your address @ joe.hanny@yahoo.co.uk i will send you a legal mods collection(2000 mods) for no charge.up to you.just trying to return the favour from all the help with my 1200 you've given me over the last couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom