Moneybookers.com? Reputable? Who is using them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polymorph

Country
USA
Region
Lacey, Washington 98503
Wikipedia says they've been around since 2000, but any goob can add/edit pages there.

Who here is using them? Happy, unhappy? Use them much?

Thanks.

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
Re: Moneybookers.com? Reputable? Who is using them?

Everything I do is through Paypal. I know some people dislike paypal, but they are fine for me. I will not even look at any Auctions of people who WON'T take Paypal as a form of payment. Until recently, I had never even heard of Moneybookers, so I would think twice about using a form of payment that nobody else has heard of and give my CC number to them.
-Just my 2 cents

silverf0x0

AmiBayer
Country
Italy
Region
Lazio, LT

I have used Moneybookers few times without problems, but this mean nothing (it was more then an year ago)...
Do your search before use it...

Polymorph

Country
USA
Region
Lacey, Washington 98503

They advertise that they cover all countries, but I've not heard of it before and I'm leery of adding another method of payment. I don't really like PayPal but I use it so I can sell outside the US. I even started a separate account in a different bank just for PayPal. I already posted on A.org about someone who cost me a lot of money on the now defunct Billpoint.

silverf0x0

AmiBayer
Country
Italy
Region
Lazio, LT

The only thing I know is that moneybookers is usually linked with services as poker room, ads,....
They take a more secure/insecure way to register an account as you have to confirm some details as user, password,...., via phone.
If fees aren't less then paypal and you don't need it for a service that request it I don't see a reason to subscribe an other on-line payment service (I know how you feel, I don't like paypal either...), considering that many people wouldn't even accept money through it cause it's pretty unknown...
But, as I said before I don't know much...

silverf0x0

AmiBayer
Country
Italy
Region
Lazio, LT

silverf0x0 said:
If fees aren't less then paypal

mmm, less should be lower....
Wow, how bad my english is...

Polymorph

Country
USA
Region
Lacey, Washington 98503

I had a request from someone who is in a country not covered by PayPal, he asked (unfortunately after getting me to look up three or four changes on what he wanted) if I could take Moneybookers or payment from his friend's PayPal account. I feel for him, but I think each extra service I register with increases my risk of some company going out of business and selling their customer info off to someone less scrupulous, or having someone hack into their sytem, or someone at that company doing something stupid like post unencrypted customer info/credit card numbers on an open webpage. All of which have happened.

silverf0x0

AmiBayer
Country
Italy
Region
Lazio, LT

Yeah, and of course there's an increase in security risks that you mention above...

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

I just used them today as I paid for a floppy disk drive I bought through evilbay.

What I can say that they must have a high failure rate, "fall away" rate as we say in Norway. Their system was not userfriendly. I have worked almost half of my carreer with creditcard systems, both backend and frontend what the users see. And this was wierd to me to see a 90s design.

1) Address fields were not international. It was pure US address format.
2) State field was mandatory
3) State field was not editable because default is payment address = shipping address = paypal desides = cannot change it = cannot pay.

I had to laugh, but if I couldn't have paid the seller then I'd be cursing moneybrookers from here to ----.

Also, as a user I hate 3d-secure. But most businesses love it, and I completely understand why. The increased security in the transactions leads to lower fees both from Visa and other creditcard companies when doing transactions through them, so it surprised me that moneybookers didn't do 3d-secure.

But the address rules combined with overall poor usability (little help and guidance) must mean that a lot of users don't complete the checkout, which is by far any sellers/shops nightmare. And I think that they have a long way to go here.

Rockhopper

AmiBayer
Country
Manchester United, England

Used them two months ago for a £180 transaction. The deal turned out to be a scam. I had no problem getting my money returned that was held in escrow :thumbsup2:
RH

chain

Chain`s H.Q.
AmiBayer
Country
Czech Republic
Region
Vysocina

Polymorph said:
I had a request from someone who is in a country not covered by PayPal, he asked (unfortunately after getting me to look up three or four changes on what he wanted) if I could take Moneybookers or payment from his friend's PayPal account.

Was it my friend Orange ? We are using moneybookes for transfers from him to my account and the im paying with paypal for him. Works great, littlebit slow from MB to my bank account but fot that price im not complaining.
In last year we transferred (and spent) around 1300 EUR without any hassle :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom