Monitor Pinout Question

psodas

Country
Greece
Region
Athens
Does someone know if the 1083S-P Commodore monitor, have the same pinout as 1084S-D?

Regards Panos.:)

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
If they use the same connector, yes.

But the Phillips monitor is totally different from the Daewoo one internally (the only common part is the on-off button).

xc8

A>_
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Birmingham
IIRC there are two 1083s one with LCA (for C64) and the other without it.
But both can connected with the Amiga.

Chris

psodas

Country
Greece
Region
Athens
Hi rkauer.
In some models especially that who doesnt have TTL-ANALOGUE RGB switch, in the same 9pin D-SUB connector the no8 horizontal sync and no9 vertical sync pins is different. What specific, the syncro input is at no7 composite-sync, without the separate vertical sync at pin 9.

Ok I ask my friend about this switch and I understood exactly what the cable to fix it. Its for an atari 1040ste, and he want to connect it to the same monitor who work his amiga.

Thanks for your response!:)

xc8

A>_
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Birmingham
On models without TTL/Analogue RGB , the 9pin connector is Analogue.
I assume the 9pin connector is the same as the 1084D, so as you can see there the 8 and 9 are not used on 'Analogue' mode.

Update:

I think connecting together HSYNC+VSYNC == CSYNC?

Chris

Last edited:

psodas

Country
Greece
Region
Athens
On models without TTL/Analogue RGB , the 9pin connector is Analogue.
I assume the 9pin connector is the same as the 1084D, so as you can see there the 8 and 9 are not used on 'Analogue' mode.

Update:

I think connecting together HSYNC+VSYNC == CSYNC?

Chris

Hi Chris. The above site with the pinout <<standard uses>> is totally confused.:dry:

If you disassemble for example a 1084SD1 (analogue and ttl circuits) and a 1084SD2 monitor (only analogue circuits without switch back), at the second type, you see cause the pin 8 and pin 9 is isolated. The only way to feed this monitor with sync (composite sync) is from pin 7.

On the other hand, in 1084SD1 you can feed with separate horizontal and vertical sync, at pin 7 and pin 9. Just like that operates the mine atari ste.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
The Amiga have both C_Sync and separated syncs. So any RGB monitor capable to sync down to 15kHz will work. :)

xc8

A>_
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Birmingham
Probably by C= design.

The TTL mode is because the C128 (80 columns mode). The C128 has separate HSYNC/VSYNC.
Amiga's RGB (analogue) can provide (too) HSYNC/VSYNC *AND* CSYNC.

I assume they decided to use this 'design' of the connection (ie. to eliminate the HSYNC/VSYNC from the Analogue part).

BTW, there are some 1084's with SCART so Atari users (for example) could buy one of them.

Update:

This post http://www.pouet.net/topic.php?which=4823 suggests to connect HSYNC and the VSYNC of the STE to the CSYNC...

good luck!

Chris

Last edited:
Top Bottom