Most stupid but usual thing to date on evil bay!

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Argh this pisses me off :-(

file.php

Now, thats some stupid parting out :-(

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Re: Most stupid but usual thing to date on evil bay!

@ Arnljot

Next time you mis-post in the wrong Area, just ask one of us to move it instead of leaving a trail of dead threads & causing congestion!

Thanks m8, :wink:

Kin

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

@Kin hell

you have a pm explaining, not exusing, my bad behaviour :)

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

Back on topic:

I'm not against parting up and selling broken machines, but down to shields and screws??? OMG that's exessive!

coze

Commander
Country
Japan
Region
Tokyo

erm ... maybe someone needs just a shield ?

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

But the screws???? They are even stock screws, can be bought just about everywhere.

And what if you buy just the case, and it just states "amiga1200 case for sale". What do you expect to get?

Just the case, or also the shield, the inner metal rf shield, the plastic which goes between the motherboard and the shield?

It wouldn't surprise me if each separate screw goes on sale on ebay from that machine....

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

AND, it's all auctions. Not BIN's, so if one poor sod needs a few of those parts... He's pretty much screwed...

coze

Commander
Country
Japan
Region
Tokyo

I dunno ... I think this is a good service if you need just a single bit a make your system complete, and you don't want to buy a whole machine. Especially for the case of overseas buyers like me, cuts up shipping prices greatly. And, yes I would buy those port screws if I needed them, even though they're standard, you can always mess up and buy something different. This makes it %100 certain they're compatable.

I know some Amiga users think splitting up machines feels like killing a system, but no, they give life to another system somewhere, so there's nothing to worry about.

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

I know I recently bought just a rod from Kin Hell, so really who am I to speak?

But that is a specialy part. Like that shield which I blasted. But if you're into retro these days, and on the other bay. You should also be on the forums. And there people will tell you which screws to get, and what kind is the right kind.

If those screws and shield is from a working system. Then I'm mad as hell. Because chances are that one machine hasn't given life to X-number of others. But rather that just one more machine has died. Executed.

Why do we btw execute user-startup?

coze

Commander
Country
Japan
Region
Tokyo

if nobody is using it it's a dead system anyway. splitting up doesn't make a difference. How do you know somebody will grab the mobo and put into an empty shell to give new life ? (which I did many times)

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

coze said:
if nobody is using it it's a dead system anyway.

Yes, but why not offer the whole system? Greed is the reason to part it up. Long tail = many small transactions are better than one big.

But I understand when there are parts left over from tower convension, and dead machines. I'm not saying that there never ever is a case for parting up a living machine. I'm just saying that I cannot for the life of me see one :mrgreen:

coze

Commander
Country
Japan
Region
Tokyo

well, ok you win I'm going to have some green tea and catch some sleep :)

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

Enjoy your tee my friend. I conceed too. The rod I bought from Kin Hell slapped me in the face, next to an a1200 trapdoor cover bought of ebay :LOL:

See you on the otherside of the dark!

Top Bottom