iphone-spoof-add.jpg

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Fruity peddler of broken phones, Apple, has promised that it will fix a glitch which makes the alarm clock on its iPhone Flaw about as reliable as an Yugo on a crisp Russian morning.

The problem was first noticed in Australia where countless fanboys set their alarm clocks to go to work, trusting in the mighty power of Steve Jobs to get them to work on time.

Unfortunately Steve had decided that the time system should work according to his unique rules and so Apple fanboys in NSW, Victoria, Tasmania, the ACT and South Australia would not be switched to daylight saving time.

While Apple fanboys basked in the knowledge that Steve always knows what was right for them, their employers were probably not so happy about turning up an hour late.

The Apple forums are full of people saying that there is absolutely no problem at all. All they have to do is set the alarm to ring an hour early.

However it has not crossed their tiny minds that they have forked out a fortune for a phone which can't be used in the left hand unless it is held together with a rubber band, drops calls when you place it to your ear, has a unique turns brown screen and cannot do something basic, such as tell the time. Smartphones are supposed to be a bit clever, but most four year olds can tell the time.

Apple has promised that it has found an answer which will be available to customers in an upcoming software update. Of course it did not say when the update would be available. In the meantime Apple fanboys will be out of sync with the rest of humanity.

Sounds about right.. a tad harsh, perhaps, but the Yugo comment hit the mark for me..... :rofl3

chiark

AmiNerd
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire
This isn't a new phenomenon unique to apple... If you want to relive the almighty winCE flame wars of 1999-200x, have a search for Windows CE daylight saving time.

It seems every device gets this wrong one way or another in its history.

Psion didn't - they didn't do it automatically ;)

Admittedly making a device out of glass for toughness does sound rather daft, but look at toughened glass: it's damn tough!

The spark plug on a car window trick would be interesting on an iphone...

HonestFlames

Country
England
Region
Shropshire
OK, let's stir the pot and make some troll stew...

Andriod phones are pretty good and the HTC Desire has started something of a trend of real competition to the iPhone.

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands
The HTC HD2 acts as a wireless router when required :)

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
As long as my phone makes and receives calls and can send and receive a few text messages every now and then when home or overseas, you can keep your smartphones, iphone, andriod etc ... I already have all I need :)

sony-ericsson-t610-combo.jpg

HonestFlames

Country
England
Region
Shropshire
Sony Ericsson? Luxury!

I've got a Nokia 1661 and I'm happy with it. Battery lasts a week. A week!

Show me an Android or iPhone wot can do that. :ninja:

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ Blankstare

What's an Andriod? Is that like a Welsh dude that gets up early to go to Stonehenge or summat?

:LOL:

@ Everyone

Just to let you all know, we installed Dr. Shizznit's Anti-Troll 2010 with the Service Packs, so we won't be having any Troll Wars on here, ta very much....

Luke Skywalker: "Did you really fight in the Troll Wars, Ben..??"
Obi-Wan Kenobi: "Yes Luke, but that was a long time ago...."

It's going to remain a long time ago.......:nod:

;)

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
@ Blankstare

What's an Andriod? Is that like a Welsh dude that gets up early to go to Stonehenge or summat?

:LOL:

Nah, it's somebody who takes no notice of his spelling because there's no in-built speel-cheka hear ;)

EAB says Dr Shizznit 2011 - make your mind up lol

Sony Ericsson? Luxury!

I've got a Nokia 1661 and I'm happy with it. Battery lasts a week. A week!

Show me an Android or iPhone wot can do that. :ninja:

I used to have a Nokia 3310 but it went to silicon heaven the day before :(

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
If we're about to engage in some civil trollery, my iPhone 3GS is thoroughly reliable and a pleasure to use. Thank you very much!

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
@Andy. So you are not bothered by the short battery life, a tendency to overheat, and an SMS security risk?

What was Apple's advice to these problems with the 3GS? Don't use the features that drain the battery life, don't use the phone in hot environments and they never really commented on the sms rick, which allows attackers to remotely install and run unsigned software and gain root access to the phone.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
<SNIP>@ Everyone

Just to let you all know, we installed Dr. Shizznit's Anti-Troll 2010 with the Service Packs, so we won't be having any Troll Wars on here, ta very much....<Another SNIP!>

So I can't participate on the iSuck bashing fest?:(

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
<SNIP>@ Everyone

Just to let you all know, we installed Dr. Shizznit's Anti-Troll 2010 with the Service Packs, so we won't be having any Troll Wars on here, ta very much....<Another SNIP!>

So I can't participate on the iSuck bashing fest?:(

Sorry rkauer, but alas my good friend..... it was gone in a FLASH <not displayed error> :wooha:

I have to admit, its not hard to make somthing that sucks.... but to suck as hard as Apples products.... really takes genius

*hehehe*

chiark

AmiNerd
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire
well, I've still got an original iPhone which is in use every day... It is the best phone I've owned, though the Windows Phone 7 devices are tempting.

I just don't want an iPhone 4 as I think Apple have made 2 fundamental design mistakes: the antenna is wrong, no matter how you dress it up in spin, and a glass case is simply daft: it could be the hardest glass in the world, but it'll still shatter.

iPhone 3GS would be great for me if I can find one at a reasonable price (y)

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
@Andy. So you are not bothered by the short battery life, a tendency to overheat, and an SMS security risk?

What was Apple's advice to these problems with the 3GS? Don't use the features that drain the battery life, don't use the phone in hot environments and they never really commented on the sms rick, which allows attackers to remotely install and run unsigned software and gain root access to the phone.

I have no problems with battery life on mine, it lasts 2-3 days between charges which is more than adequate. Never had any issues of it overheating either.

The security risk is a fair point, normally Apple get those things patched pretty quickly (not that I'm reliable at updating my phone OS), but I don't know much about it, so can't really comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom