commodorejohn

Shameless recidivist
Rating - 100%
22   0   1
Country
United States
Region
Minnesota
As the title says, I'm interested in getting an MSX system. My basic requirements are these:
  • NTSC MSX system. Preferably an MSX 2, but I might be interested in an MSX 1 if I can't get that.
  • 64KB RAM or more, or the ability to easily upgrade (i.e. dropping in or soldering some chips instead of having to track down an obscure upgrade item.)
  • Built-in or separately-included 3.5" disk drive.
  • Real, non-chiclet, non-membrane keyboard (fortunately, I haven't seen an MSX machine with one, but you never know.)
Anything else would be absolute gravy, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high, since it seems that the really cool add-ons (Konami SCC, etc.) are very hard to come by. I'm not looking to pay more than $150 US + S/H unless it's a particularily good setup (unfortunately, this all but rules out eBay, since this is one of the worst platforms for price-driving.)

Given that this may be a bit bulky, I'd like to find something in the US, but I'm open to hearing offers from other countries. Anybody have one of these that could use a new home?

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
I have a NTSC Gradiente Expert. It have the original detachable keyboard, 64k RAM, a cartridge floppy controller and the floppy hacked inside the case (where is supposed to have one) and one cartridge game (lode runner).

Want R$120 for it (~US$71.50), but I think the postage will be a deal killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom