My 500 Tower project will start..

britlord

Country
usa
Region
Michigan
Guys. I'm gonna start doing this project that I found on Youtube, so far I've made the power connecter to the 500 mobo using Din male pins and wires that will go to the ATX PSU, and I have ordered the case (Comes with the PSU) and the aluminum sheet for the back of the case (I'll have to drill the rivets out first) and the sockets that will be needed for the back of the case IE: the keyboard, mouse, joystick, video and the 2 audio connecters and a A2000 keyboard... But I won't be using a GBS8200. Instead I'll use my ICD flicker fixer, as who want's to be messing with the GBS8200 switches inside the case LOL.. I have watched the video and figured it all out. But one thing I'll need help with is a on/off switch. The guy told me just use the one on the back of the PSU (which I don't like). Oh, also I like this project, as I'll have room for my IDE68K, and Racer board (With ram expansion), and can add a real hard-drive too..

If anyone has any ideas about a on/off switch for the front of the case, as a ATX switch won't do. Feel free to add input here, as I go along. I'll add pictures here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0N0JYmTVtw

Last edited:

velourfog

AmiBayer
Country
Sweden
Region
RAM:
On my 500T, i used a toggle push microswitch as power button.
I was lucky enough to find one with the exact same dimensions as the momentary switch that was in my ATX case. I connected it between PS_ON and GND.

Just make sure you have sufficient load on the power supply, don't power it on without load.

Last edited:

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
you could build a flip flop circuit to take advantage of the momentary switch in the tower case,very easy to build on proto board.
that way you wont have to replace the switch in the tower...

EDIT: if you wondering how do i power it when the supply is off,its very simple.

you leave the supply on at the rear and the flip flop uses power from the standby 5 volt line on the supply...

Last edited:

britlord

Country
usa
Region
Michigan
Hi there, so is the micro switch a push on/push off, and "Just make sure you have sufficient load on the power supply" means just leaving it plugged in the 500 Mobo IE: is that sufficient load...

- - - Updated - - -

you could build a flip flop circuit to take advantage of the momentary switch in the tower case,very easy to build on proto board.
that way you wont have to replace the switch in the tower...

EDIT: if you wondering how do i power it when the supply is off,its very simple.

you leave the supply on at the rear and the flip flop uses power from the standby 5 volt line on the supply...

Could you show me a circuit of the flip flop..

Thanks..

Last edited:

DutchinUSA

AmiBayer
Country
Unites States
Region
Wisconsin
0325131058_1.jpg

That was part of my tower project .. keep it up (y)

DutchinUSA

AmiBayer
Country
Unites States
Region
Wisconsin
A laser engraving machine that's burning some letters in the side panel of my custom 4000T tower ... but that doesn't help our buddy britlord any .. so where were we? :p

britlord

Country
usa
Region
Michigan
DutchingUSA is a funny guy, as I know him...

- - - Updated - - -

On my 500T, i used a toggle push microswitch as power button.
I was lucky enough to find one with the exact same dimensions as the momentary switch that was in my ATX case. I connected it between PS_ON and GND.

Just make sure you have sufficient load on the power supply, don't power it on without load.

Hi Do you mean always leaving the power supply plugged in the wall....

Last edited:

britlord

Country
usa
Region
Michigan
Guys. I've removed all the case innards and fitted all the standoffs for the 500+ board (JB Welded them in), and cut out the back aluminum back plate, but one problem will come up. How did the guy fit the 2 audio connectors (female) to the plate, as it looks like some sort of board, and he screwed that to the back plate. I can't tell what it looks like. Anyone know what he did..

DutchinUSA

AmiBayer
Country
Unites States
Region
Wisconsin
MmmM this thread needs some life ! Maybe this will wake the Brit up .... (y) It needs some fixing still though :ninja:

Attachments

• IMG_20150209_184535165.jpg
    IMG_20150209_184535165.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 0
Top Bottom