My A1200 PCMCIA Slot hates me, need help

Lumbo

Country
Germany
Region
NRW
Hi,

I have been trying to get my A1200 running at my ethernet for some days now. But for some reason my little girl won't accept my PCMCIA cards ... at all

System is a PAL 1D4 Rev 1200 board.

Whenever i try to get Miami to run i get a "could not open CNET.DEVICE" error.

I tried this so far:

An D-Link DE-650 PCMCIA Ethernet adapter

An Accton EN2216-2 PCMCIA adapter

Ripping out and replugging the cards to force a reset

using cardreset and cardfix at boot

adding a PCMCIA Fix hardware add-on to garry (from amigakit)

still no luck. The card seems to get power as i see the leds light up, but the device seems to be on strike ...

Someone told me the card should show up in the card-prep tool as unknown card, but the tool only shows "no card inserted"

now i am out of ideas, could my PCMCIA slot be broken? o_O or am i doing something horribly wrong?

:(

Lumbo

Country
Germany
Region
NRW
yes, the cnet device driver is located in the devs: folder

ill check the pins now ...

O_O

some of the outer Pins where badly pushed in the socket, i will try again now, i have pushed them back into the socket as far as i believe they are supposed to be.

reassembling my miggy and trying again

johnim

VIP
Country
England
Region
birmingham
i had the same problem after 4 cards and the hardware reset addon fix,numerous hours i found out that 1 of my pins had snapped off not very happy.changed my mobo and worked first time.

Lumbo

Country
Germany
Region
NRW
more precise teh cnet.device file is in DEVS:networks and Miami init finds it, but when i try to open the card i get "could not open cnet.device 0, maybe the device is already used by bla"

i am not completely sure if i got all the pins back in as far as they need to be though

drat, and i am all out of pcmcia slots and more important a soldering station

SUCCESS!!!!

I managed to get all pins pushed in deep enough again and VOILA the card is found

luv you guys

no i'll just have to wait for my new individual-computers 030 turbocard with 64mb fastram to get onto the net for real

As kind of thx i added a pr0n pic of my little girl, completely naked :LOL:

Attachments

• naked_a1200.jpg
    naked_a1200.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Lumbo

Country
Germany
Region
NRW
I think she looks nice for her age ^_^

though i am unsure if the caps are all ok. I guess sometime soon i will have to get a new set of them and do an anti-aging surgery...

Speaking of surgery, anyone got a source for a full set of case screws for the 1200 ? When i got her most screws where missing, and i would like to get her back in pristine condition.

Buzzfuzz

Amiga tweaker
AmiBayer
Country
Netherlands
Region
Zuid Holland
I think she looks nice for her age ^_^

though i am unsure if the caps are all ok. I guess sometime soon i will have to get a new set of them and do an anti-aging surgery...

Speaking of surgery, anyone got a source for a full set of case screws for the 1200 ? When i got her most screws where missing, and i would like to get her back in pristine condition.

You can usually pickup the same screws @ your local hardware store, just make sure they are short enough.

Top Bottom