My C128 Project

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
If you remember a few months ago, I started to put heat sinks on my C128, but I ran out. I now got in a few more packs (I could have used one more). I really didn't need the "Long" sinks, but I thought I would use them on Random IC's.
I didn't install the "Mega 128 ROM" Yet, because I wanted to check out this file Browser 6 ROM first, and I still need to find an 80 Column Monitor and a 1571 Drive, but slowly this C128 is coming along. The 64K Video Ram is installed.

mfilos

Extr3m3ly l33t
Country
Greece
Region
Glyfada/Athens
Impressive by all means! ...but... does it get so hot in order to need all these heatsinks, or it's just for fun and milspec? :p

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
It probably doesn't get that hot, but I just put the Sinks on the Chips that Commodore had. The RF shield acted as one big heat sink, and had "Tabs" down to those chips with thermal paste on them.
I think this looks good though, that huge RF shield was so annoying to keep pulling out to change ROMS.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Very nice! It's odd seeing all that copper color in a C128. :D

Heather

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ quarkx

It doesn't look right; it needs some tail fins, go-faster stripes and a flux capacitor to be fitted...

:rofl3

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
I didn't say I didn't like it; it has a 'shiny disco ball' quality to it....

(y)

Photon

Amiga is Yes. :)
AmiBayer
Country
Sweden
Region
Smaland
Hehe, cooling solutions for 1/2MHz chips ... :D

Those '10-pack' copper things with thermal tape on them are a great universal solution, though, for a bunch of platforms - PC, Amiga accelerators, ... I have a bunch here, they're cheap as chips (well cheaper actually!)

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
There is a picture of the package on the other thread,When You order them in right from China, they are very cheap. The turn around time is less then 2 weeks, so even that is not to bad, all things considering. I think a pack of 15 was like .99 cents US. It was BIN for $4.95 including shipping, so All together, it was $19.80.
Trust me, if you only have to take the heat shield out once, it is worth every penny.
If I could order them in bulk (like a 100 packs at a time) for a good price on each. I would.- Just like those CF card adaptors, but I don't think anyone there speaks any English, so it is hard to communicate (I did send them e-mails about it.)

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 ----------

@ quarkx

It doesn't look right; it needs some tail fins, go-faster stripes and a flux capacitor to be fitted...

:rofl3
That's reserved for the C128D if I ever find one. :LOL:

Top Bottom