My PS 4 wont switch on !

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
It seem to me that It got bad smell back of the console!

Look Like I have take it back to the shop for repair or even replace as it already more than 1 year old :(

P.S. I was going played Driveclub just now !

Last edited:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
If it's more than a year old did you have an extended warranty? Otherwise you will need to pay for the repair or buy a new PS4! Good lukc, hope you get it sorted.

It's hard to believe that the PS4 has already been out over a year. Only seems yesterday M$ and Sony were exchanging schoolboy digs at each other over their online models at E3 in 2013.

The other thing even harder to believe is that it still doesn't have any games making me want to own one yet. Everything I can play on the PC. Once the next uncharted, GT and FF are out I will definitely be getting one though.

RED IMPACT

Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Got a PS4 here that has more dust on it than my Amiga!

bagpuss22

Country
United Kingdom
Region
East Sussex
Check your online warranty as they do sometimes give you a little extra.

I got my xbox for Christmas 2013 but the warranty was until March 2015!

Russ

NinjaRabbit

Video Game Merchandise Collector
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
South Gloucestershire
Do also bear in mind that if the problem is due to a manufacturing fault, and an item has not lasted what is an accepted reasonable amount of time for whatever that item happens to be, in the UK you do still have rights to get it replaced, even if the one year warranty has expired. (If you've ever heard a story about five-year-old pots and pans being required to be replaced by a retailer, that is this in action, as such an item is expected to reasonably last much longer than that.)

aZtOcKdOg

Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
That sucks mate!

I wish the consoles were easier to keep clean too, they seem to be dust magnets and it really annoys me that they are not even user-serviceable at all...

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
I have checked Game.co.uk and they dont have contact us button where I can send email to them :(

Got a PS4 here that has more dust on it than my Amiga!

I wish the consoles were easier to keep clean too, they seem to be dust magnets and it really annoys me that they are not even user-serviceable at all...

Too right and I wish sony sort that out as that could cause the problem of ps 4 not working or could be PS 4 Motherboard or other things :(

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Also if you bought with a Credit Card sometimes you get extra guarantee. (Or at least you used to with some..)

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Worst case scenario you can purchase a 3 year square trade extended warranty from Amazon for £69.99 which is cheaper than a new console.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...SY200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=41Y-VOfFbOL&ref=plSrch

Ive not purchased one myself but reviews seem favourable and I'm tempted as my ps4 has failed to switch on a couple of times in the last few weeks and I've had to pull the plug and try again. Funilly enough my 1 year warranty also expired last week.

Last edited:

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
I think My name will be on Game Database at Game if they ask me my full name and should be able replace PS 4 for free if I have extra guarantee!

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
I have to phone up for reference numbers which my parents going to do ! sigh!

I deserve a Cup of tea(which i am making!) for long walk!

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
The sale of goods act in the UK also states a product is required to serve its intended purpose for up to 6 years. My mother in law has successfully managed to use this to get a dishwasher repaired.

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
It turn out to be joypad faulty hence why other joypad work to turn PS 4 on!

I just bought Resident Evil Remaster :D

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
You mean press Playstation button in middle of joypad? Yes I did that:)

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
On the front of the ps4 console itself there is an eject and a power button :)

maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom