commodorejohn

Shameless recidivist
Rating - 100%
22   0   1
Country
United States
Region
Minnesota
In my quest to have way, way too many different computer architectures immediately available to me, I'm wondering if anybody here has a NEC PC-88 system they're willing to part with. I'm not an expert on the system, but from looking over the Wikipedia article, here's what I'd be looking for:
  • 5.25" disk drive. One of the models with 2x DSHD drives would be good, and the model with a 3.5" drive would be really nice, but anything with a 5.25" drive will work.
  • FM sound. The later YM2608-based models would be nice, but the YM2203 models will work, too. Anything that's not just the beeper.
  • It would be nice to get a model with both composite and RGB video out, as I'll probably have to hack up a connector for the RGB output to my monitor, and it would help to have a working picture to compare against.
  • No real requirements on RAM or CPU, as it looks like all models have enough for me, but I won't complain if there's more than 64KB or 4MHz ;)
  • I don't know for sure, but given the vintage I'm going to guess that the keyboard is proprietary; so I'll definitely need either an included keyboard or a model with a built-in keyboard.
I know this is primarily (I think exclusively) a Japanese machine, but it would be nice if I could find one in the US, as shipping will be a lot cheaper. I'm not looking to pay much more than $100 US + S/H. Anybody have one of these they don't need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom