Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
EH? I got small inbox and

That never happen before year or two years ago......it keep asking me clear the inbox because it was nearly FULL:roll:

Sigh!

BLTCON0

Math inside
AmiBayer
Country
Hellas (Greece)
Region
Chania, Crete
Small inbox is good. It forces one to spend some time thinking and remaining organised.
Endless space is bad. It gets one into the habit of hoarding, never to actually giving a second look to 99.9% of the stuff stored.
But if you don't use something, it's like it was never there, ditto for the space it consumes.
So we actually need much less space for our true needs. We just like to exaggerate what our true needs are.

(More or less same reason dumbphones essentially killed amateur photography. They made taking and storing a photograph far too easy to eventually have any significance).

limboy777

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Uk
Region
Lancashire
EH? I got small inbox and

That never happen before year or two years ago......it keep asking me clear the inbox because it was nearly FULL:roll:

Sigh!

I think Amibay should increase the number of messages you are allowed from 1000 to 2000. I get tired of deleting messages as well

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
1000 is pretty generous, most forum you only get 100 or 200 :)

slk486

Asking the questions because I DON'T KNOW
VIP
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
Yeah, that's annoying :) never hit the ceiling here.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
As someone already mentioned, 1000 is a pretty good size for a forum inbox, as most sites restrict it much more. It can be expanded, but as also already mentioned does anyone actually need to store 1000 messages on a forum as a regular member? I really don't think so. Housekeeping is what's needed to delete all the old PMs you don't need any longer and to get into the habit of deleting messages once read if you don't need to keep them.

Also as someone also said, the sent box does also count towards your limit.

Top Bottom