Neo Geo Aes ?

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
Back in early 1990, I remember that I was reading one of my Favorite computer mags called CVG(Computer video games) and saw 24bit NEO GEO console with all screenshot of their game which is impressive !!! One things did put me off was the price of their games :eek::eek::eek:

I have to say it was ahead of time for 2D Game as when it say on the boxed Quantum leap forward in video games!
It like having own Arcade machine at Home!

They have done really well from 1990 to 2004 as their life span of their console!

Some of the games that I like are

KING OF FIGHTER 94(yes, I finished the game but it was hard in final Boss battle!)
Last Resort( R Type clone but when you shoot spaceship and you will see little man flying off it :) )
samurai shodown 1 or 2(Great battle)
Metal Slug( I still have MVS which is so much cheaper!)
SuperSide Kick 2(what a game that was fast and furious)
Blazing Star (another R TYPE Clone and I used own Neo geo CD for it)
Burning Fight(scrolling beat em up that is hard game!)

I am sure that I have missed some of games that I cant remember that I used to played as there so many of them like Metal slug series, Superside kick series and there is more.

Did any of you want to get Neo Geo when they first come out or was too expensive to buy them?

Last edited:

owen2471

Country
england
Region
Sandwell
I managed to score a neo geo and 3 games for --- from a TV rental shop and also got an Atari jaguar on the same day, good memories well the neo geo anyway !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

K1ngarth3r

Country
England
Region
Derbyshire
I used to wish I could convince my parents to get me a Neo-Geo when seeing them in C&VG and similar magazines... Have fond memories of seeing Fatal Fury, Robo Army, KOTM2 etc...

Only thing that put me off is the amount of games I could get a year to play so never bothered until the late 90's...

I'm still a big fan and own most of the English releases on home cart, love the system :)

Asturiano

Country
Spain
Region
Jerez de la Frontera, Andalucía
Back in the days, having a NeoGeo AES was like enjoying an arcade saloon at home. Few people could because of it´s high price. Most of them, me included, only dreamt about getting one but, in the end, it was just that, dreams. Nowadays I have a two-slot MVS with some of my childhood classics, but I´m seriously thinking in selling them. NeoGeo emulators do a pretty good and highly accurate work so the savings in money and space worth the change, in my opinion.

On the other hand, several games have aged not so well. Nostalgia and personal tastes overcome that point in some cases, though.

Last edited:

8bitplus

Country
UK
Region
West Yorkshire
I always played the Neo-Geo in the arcade at a local sport center was I was a kid.
So happy when I got the early emulators working years later, and now I own the real thing....
imag0240.jpg
http://8bitplus.co.uk/gallery/arcade/nggallery/arcade-cabinets/neo-geo-mvs-cabinet - more photos here.

got about 65 games in that cabinet next to it :)
Always keep Metal Slug loaded, as well as Mark of the Wolves, and Last Blade 2.

Top Bottom