Closed Net Yaroze Soft (or just access card) for School (JP wanted, but EN is ok too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesquipedal

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
BC
Hello,

I've recently been posting around various forums looking for the Net Yaroze access card (JP or EN), or even the full software development kit.

No luck so far, but my journey is just starting.

I am not concerned with it being EN or JP, however I prefer the JP software kit, as my net yaroze is Japanese.
It doesn't really matter though technical wise for me, I just like to use my Japanese skills whenever I have the chance haha.
I have computers to support any version at my university, so don't worry about that.
I convinced my prof to let me use it as part of my thesis, that is, if I can get my hands on the access card.

If you only have or want to sell an access card, this is fine as well. I can get all the soft online.

Thanks so much! I know most posts for this have gone unanswered, so I'm not hoping for much.
However since I desire the JP version more (which is more common), I figure I would have a chance. Thanks!

Sesquipedal

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
BC
I'd even be perfectly happy, with someone letting me borrow one of theirs, even for a week. I'll pay postage both ways, and I'll even put a generous downpayment on it, if it's from someone credible on here (so I know I'll get it back). That way there is trust on the new guy, etc.

musashi5150

move.w #$4489,$dff07e
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
I don't know how well it works (as I use real hardware) but there is a patched version of the EU Yaroze disc that claims not to need the Access Card - http://psxdev.net/downloads/DTL_S3035_CRACKED.zip

You could also look into flashing an old Xplorer cartridge and using that with parallel and the "real" Sony SDK as ultimately, it's a better system.

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
265   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
[h=2]Yaroze ? As far I know that it used Programming C if you know the language :)[/h]

Sesquipedal

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
BC
musashi5150 -- Hey thanks for the tip - Yes it does work! and I suppose this will do for the meat of the paper, so thanks doubly so. ...but it seems wrong to use it for a historical purpose on a thesis surrounding the unit itself. I feel ok making a hack boot disc (with original software + hack for it to boot with it), but the access card is a physical medium as you can appreciate. The idea of a developer saying the right way to use this playstation as a consumer, is to use an access card AND boot disc, before accessing the allowed potential -- this is a pretty silly workaround in my mind, but perhaps I can understand after trying it haha.

Amiga Forever -- Nice name! Haha, yep I am completely proficient in C, and C++ should the need arise beyond C in a thesis :D

jmph

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Victoria
Out of curiosity, what kind of work are you doing for your thesis? What do you need to code on an old PSX? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom