Never AGAIN!

noxenlux

Country
Beaverton, Oregon
So I had the most interesting run in with the most unsavory character.... DoomMaster.

Let me tell you how this went.

He had a posting on a site called craigslist here in the states. looking to trade for a A3k computer , we had emailed over the week about what he wanted to trade for it, finally we settled on 2 scsi HDD's, a monitor and an HDD for my a1200. Well I went to his place of business (his garage) and let him examine the computer, which had some nice bits in it, nothing spectacular mind you, but what I thought was well worth the asking price. He examined the battery area, and said that the damage was so extensive that it could only be used for replacement parts and that it was going to die soon. I said ok, and he offered me a monitor, which I took and left him with the A3k computer. Well I hopped onto craigslist this morning, and saw that he had removed the ad for the A3k board. Which led me to conclude a few things.

1. The A3k was actually worth more and he just wanted to get the lowest possible price he could. Which was misleading on his part.
2. That I will no longer be doing business with him.
3. No one should ever trust him.

So this is my rant, and I have a feeling that I am going to get a lot "told you so's" however the pool of viable amiga traders in oregon is quite limited. So sometimes its difficult to get things you need locally.

Thanks for listening.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Re: Never AGAIN!

Sympathies; - Really! :|

He tried dangling his dick in here a few weeks back. He managed to stay a member for only a few hours & was immediately banned.

So sorry to hear you have been had by this Villan, but I guess there will be others yet!

noxenlux

Country
Beaverton, Oregon

This is the email I sent him today.

"And by the way, its interesting that you took down your craigslist post for an amiga3k board. I mean in all honesty if the board I traded you was all that bad you would have left your post up. So it leads me to conclude that:

1. The board was worth more to you than spare parts, or your ad would have remained up.
2. You think its ok to treat people poorly.

I think that in the end I got what I deserved for dealing with someone with low moral values. I would also like you to know that we will not be dealing with each other again. As I have been reading about you on the amiga.org forums, your just not all that savory of a character. You can go ahead and tell me if I am wrong. However I dont think you ever could, or that it really matters to you, as you got what you wanted for the lowest possible price you could have paid. I could be wrong, but I am not."

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Best left m8. It's easy to say "Just move on & be wiser" but I can appreciate the annoyance.

Still, he'll get his! 8)

Don't forget, providing you can always get decent pics up, help is at hand on these forums whenever possible.

Try & stay cool m8y.

Kin

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

I am saddened to see another member of the Amiga community has been ripped off by this unscrupulous character!

He is well known to many in the Amiga community. Banned from most Amiga forums and sites, including this one. His immoral behaviour is legendary and he is a running joke at the same time due to his very bad Amiga youtube videos and his claims over the years on his own site.

It always makes me laugh on his own website how he tried to portray the amazing Amiga company that he runs, and always tries to make out that he has "employees", using the term we at RetroComputerGeek. He definitely needs to see someone as referring to oneself as being more than one person isn't normal! ;) And I'm glad you confirmed that his workshop is nothing more than his garage. That just proves what we all already knew. Oh, and was it his garage? or his mums? :LOL:

We seriously need to think of extra ways to warn people about these people in our community. Maybe we should have an Amiga blacklist that all sites can use to keep such people out of their sites and away from ripping off the majority of genuine Amiga users. It could list known usernames, real name, location, known IP addresses and emails, and the crimes they have committed.

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: !!!!THIS MAKES ME MAD!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

@noxenlux

my friend, you are not the first he has ripped off, nor i fear you will be the last, Its a shame that we cannot have a Hall of Shame due to legal remifications, but there may well be a way we could have something like it, I will look into it.

Doomy / DoomMaster / RetroGeek are all the same person. one could argue split personalities and wouldn't be far from the truth.

George Hans Camp-as-a-bell, (and yes I do have his phone number :twisted: ) is indeed person to be avoided at all costs. Alas you have found out the worse way possible and my heart goes out for you on that.

If you ever need help in sourcing components from europe and beyond, AmiBay is here to help, although Primarlly based in europe we cover the world in community and time zone.

@Harrison

As much as I would love to have a black list, there are legal ramifications my friend, I believe that you would know these as well. we could have a site rating system that members can put a rating too, however if we do have a Black List or Crimes Commited against the Community then we would be legal ramification have to offer a rebuttle system, offering Doomy any area on AmiBay at the moment only makes my heart sink and my stomach churn. However AmiBay is a Members site there are some loop-holes legally speaking for somethings so I will look into this more once my cold/cough and flu clears up :) unless of course you beat me too it.

zxdragon777

Country
united kingdom
Region
lancashire , bury , ( near manchester )

Hi just thought i'd post a sorry for your experience and all the best for future trades as i personally have been well looked after by the Amibay people who have gone above and beyond .
Andy

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

@ noxenlux

I am sorry that you have had the misfortune to come across my nemesis, Mr. Hans George Campbell; I have had several flame wars with this guy over at a.org and was really looking forward to seeing him arrive here.

Alas, when he arrived, I wasn't around and the other Mods had the pleasure of banning his arse.

The guy is a redneck bigot who doesn't deserve to frequent any forum; in fact, he created his own, which only had one member last time I went there, and that was him!! I think it was called greatgossip if I recall correctly.

He is the worst type of trader there is; he tells people their stuff is worthless, buys it for shirt buttons, cleans it up then asks absolutely silly money on the auction sites. I wouldn't be too surprised if he advertises a "pristine A3000 - I always used to wash my hands before using it", which is how he described an Atari he was trying to sell a few months back.

He's been banned more times than Soft Mick from E*ay and I am surprised that Craigslist still have anything to do with him, mind you, he does change accounts a lot...

I am sorry it happened to you, and I am glad you came forward here so that this could serve as a warning to others. AmiBay was created to protect members from leeches of his kind.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

Merlin said:
...in fact, he created his own, which only had one member last time I went there, and that was him!! I think it was called greatgossip if I recall correctly.

He actually has two forums. One is linked to his RetroGeek site and the other is for his redneck opinions to be posted on.

I had some fun a while back joining his Amiga forum, posting loads of stuff on there and getting him talking. Then I started to flame his site listing everything that was inaccurate, wrong, pointless, out of date etc... the next day my account had mysteriously vanished and all the posts with it! He had basically rolled the forum back to before I joined! :LOL:

One post he made that really made me laugh was him describing how his Amiga website would remain the main authority of the Amiga computer until the day he dies, and then it will be continued by his daughter. Forget for a second that he already thinks is small website is the currently authority on the Amiga... a daughter? :?:

keropi

VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina

yes, madness can genetically pass from generation to generation :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

I think Doomy's kind are hatched in jam jars; that would explain why there are suddenly a lot of them around as they have come into season....

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

Shooting season? Started in September! ;)

Top Bottom