New C64 serial cables

AgentX

Licence to drill
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Fans of the 8-bit Commodore machines may be aware that Jim Brain has recently started selling brand new professionally manufactured serial cables.

Of particular interest is the shorter 12" cable which is much more convenient to use with devices such as the 1541 Ultimate or sd2iec, or to use as interconnects on stacked drives.

The cables are reasonably priced at $2.99 US for the 12" cable or $4.99 for the 48". The kicker for those of us outside the US is the shipping charge (minimum $15 to the UK).

So, to get to the point, I was wondering if anyone else from the UK (and possibly other European countries) would be interested in a group buy? I would place a bulk order and then post out to anyone who wants one (or more!).

I need to get an idea of numbers though. If you are interested please reply and let me know how many cables you would want and which length, 12 inch (30cm) or 48 inch (1.2m). The more we order, the cheaper the effective unit price will be.

Cheers,
Paul.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
I feel very fortunate that I live in the same country as Jim and I'm going to order some of these cables as well. I'm waiting until some of his other products are back in stock to place my order though.

These new cables are a must for VIC-20/C64/C128 owners!

Good luck with the order. :)

Heather

AgentX

Licence to drill
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Thanks, Heather.

Jim does have some cool stuff. I've already got a couple of his uIECs, the best sd2iec boards IMO. Hopefully, he'll eventually get the rights to sell Plus/4 and VIC JiffyDOS too. 8)

@all:

I've had requests to post this on other forums, i.e. Lemon, Denial, CCCUK etc. The thing is, I'm not registered on any other forums (I can barely manage to keep up with this one :oops:).

If a member of those forums would be kind enough to post a message on my behalf and link to here it would be much appreciated.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ AgentX

Chalk me up for three cables please. (y)

Top Bottom