New here, introducing myself as suggested

• Thread starter Rixa
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 138
R

Rixa

I'm from Finland, thirty-something years old. I had my first computer, a Commodore 64, when I was a kid. Must have been 1985 or 1986. When it finally broke, I handed in the remains for a discount on an Amiga 500. Later on I got me a 50MB hard disk for that, and kickstart 2.0 ROMs with a switcher to get back to 1.3 when necessary.

In 1994 I upgraded to an Amiga 1200, and also bought another C64 that by then was considered incredibly old and hence abandoned by its previous owner. I still have and use that unit. The A1200 I used for my daily activities, communications and study until something like 1998 or 1999, by which time I had obtained an Alpha workstation and started playing with Linux instead. It wasn't until a year or two later that I got my first PC.

In 2001 I moved in with someone and in reducing the amount of stuff to haul I gave away my A500 and A1200, which by then had fallen out of use. For some reason I still kept the C64, even though I hadn't used it a lot either.

In recent years I've been more and more interested in retro computers, software and parts that I've had or wished that I had. In 2008 I traded some Sun hardware for a Commodore 128 and got re-united with my actual old A1200, which since then has gotten an expansion card with 030+882 @ 50Hz and 64M of memory, as well the modern additions Indivision AGA scandoubler and a 4G CompactFlash to replace the hard disk.

I'm interested in some pieces of software and perhaps hardware relating to these machines, and thought this would be a good place to keep an eye on. I may also have something extra laying about that I can let go of.

Brian

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Kentucky
Welcome, rixa!

Lots of things to see here, both hardware and software. Have fun!

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Greetings!!

Welcome to the retro-coated, hackery glazed goodness that is AmiBay. I suggest that you get a large cup of coffee, as there is a *lot* of reading on here. :readit:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Hi Rixa!

Welcome to AmiBay & hope you have a great time here.

All the Best. :)

Kin

Last edited:

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I always like to welcome fellow C64 users (y) you don't need a ram expansion no ?? For that reason the C64 was/is a blessed device it does not need much..

Well you have almost the same career/wiches/thougts with computers as me..

A warm welcome (y)

Top Bottom