new i-phone

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
anybody else seen the news today? one of the headlines is the new i-phone will lose it's connection if you hold it the wrong way! Apples answer? "don't hold it like that" lolololol

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gvJy-1WBvxQGbNTxutwB1aSL7CUg

Well, what can you expect when you use external metal bits as antennas. I'd say use a cover, because I wouldn't like to be the one to drop that phone since it is a glass surface both on the back and front. some neoprene cover might help that a bit.

I like the iPhone 4 and iOS 4, I just wouldn't want to own one. I've already dropped my android htc desire a couple of times. (without a scratch)

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Last edited:

JiggyMF

AmiBayer
Country
the Netherlands
Region
Breda area
Does anyone here have one?

I'm about having to pick a new phone.
I love my Iphone 3G, but I am not happy about the battery life. This is my 2nd one i got in 2 years, the first one was replaced (3gs) because the battery after half a year did not last longer then about 30 minutes when in use (phoning or browsing).
The 2nd one now starts to have the same 'problem' (all the tricks to make the battery life longer are known here, disable wifi and some other stuff + latest firmware etc).
The iphone for me is a god's gift with all its features which i love, but it's practically unuseable for me if it's not connected to a power supply. When i'm on the road for work i have to really time my phonecalls in order to not have the phone dead on power before i arrive at my destination. Which sucks bigtime.

This is pretty much the only reason i am reluctant in getting another iphone, so if anyone has experiences with the new version i'd like to know ^^

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Does anyone here have one?

Nope! ....Does "one" really need one?

Slick to use for sure, but ffs, ....how much "Suck me, ....you need me?" :roll:

If you're into gimo's, maybe....

Kin

status

AmiBayer
Country
Heraklion
Region
Crete
@TheoryBoy: iGlowes! :LOL:

Sort of they are trying to sell these iphone jackets..

It doesn't disconnect you if you hold it "the wrong way" it just loses singal.:)
Ow and that happend on 3gs too, what's all the fuss all of the sudden? Yes apple replyed like a child, but it is not the kind of company that listens to her customers needs.. (E.g Flash, FM reciever etc..)

I tryed iOS 4 on my 3g, it is the deep throat, it drains battery like sode.:mad:(n)

RED IMPACT

Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Yeah the jacket is £25 too! Apple fanboys like flies to siht!

status

AmiBayer
Country
Heraklion
Region
Crete
Yeah the jacket is £25 too! Apple fanboys like flies to siht!

Hmm igloves
gloves_2.jpg

:p

Fanboys, especially Apple's are kinda stupid (@ least...) they find it "ok" as long as apple say's so...

Iphone 5 is about to revolutionise mobiles, 8 mega pixels cam..:p

(apple's fanboys to the backround..)

Dont make me talk about the "multitasking" capabilitie, it is just for kicks..

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hey guys, let's stay away from the fanboy rhetoric. It can be considered trolling. :(

I personally think Apple products are great but I won't buy any more because I don't like the company's business practices, the locked down nature of their products and the price.

Thanks!

Heather

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hey Kin! :D

Sorry if I was a bit strict on this one. I'll let one of the other mods or admins make the call. I'm not trying to be draconian about it but I know some of the earlier comments could easily result in some flaming. I just want AmiBay to be a happy place for everyone. :D

Thanks for pointing out my error and the other thread. I honestly didn't follow that thread since it didn't interest me in the least. :wink:

Thanks!

Heather

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
@ Kin, TBH Heather is on the money here.

That other thread has absolutely no need for moderation, and isn't even relevant to this thread.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ Kin, TBH Heather is on the money here.

That other thread has absolutely no need for moderation, and isn't even relevant to this thread.

Not really r0jaws & have to disagree.

This is the General Chat section, where topics can go up & down with all sorts of content but only with moderation. If it was a For Sale or Wanted thread, then I would entirely agree with SdG's comment & of course yours.

The reason I suggested it was a little OTT is because it is in the General Chat section & made reference to my thread as that started going in all sorts of directions from the Thread Title RE England V Germany. This thread is far more on topic than the one I made reference to & I have now closed that thread quoting JuvUK's comment. ;)

Kin

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
@Kin,
I understand your point about this being in General chat, but Status' post, #11 was really borderline, and needed to be nipped in the bud, which Heather did.
We want to avoid any form of "fanboism" (is that a word?) and potential flame wars over personal preferences, especially as this site is for all systems.
Whilst this maybe in General Chat, the ethos still remains. It just helps to create a friendlier and more relaxed place to visit.

status

AmiBayer
Country
Heraklion
Region
Crete
@Kin,
I understand your point about this being in General chat, but Status' post, #11 was really borderline, and needed to be nipped in the bud, which Heather did.
We want to avoid any form of "fanboism" (is that a word?) and potential flame wars over personal preferences, especially as this site is for all systems.
Whilst this maybe in General Chat, the ethos still remains. It just helps to create a friendlier and more relaxed place to visit.

It was a pun, a joke, if it was borderlined and bothered some people, i am sorry and you (or i ) can edit it.:)

Top Bottom