New-ish A500 and A1200 lover!

Retrograde

Country
Gothenburg, Sweden
Region
Vastra Gotaland
Hello Everyone!!

I'm a relatively new Amiga owner, used to bash away at my Commodore 64 back in 85-90, never had an Amiga of my own, was just hanging out with a couple friends here and there who had A500 rigs, was a bit jealous of course. :p Then I moved on to a PC after the C64 in 91-92, and funnily enough I always had a little regret never experiencing and exploring my own personal Amiga. The 286 was a tactical decision, and while competent enough CPU and graphics-wise wasn't as neat or fun an an Amiga I reckon. Then the Commodore platforms kinda died or at least dwindled a lot in the mid 90s, well you know the rest.

This spring I started playing around with emulators and though, I like something hands on, something real, so I started lookin at Ebay and such and luckily found a mint A500+ that I've had good fun with in the last month. Not many peripherals for it yet but it came with a few softwares, enough to get my feet wet. :cool:

Wanted something more, and three weeks later I also found an A1200 w. a turbo/mem board for sale, this is one sweet machine. The built-in HD support makes it quite versatile! Got myself an RGB cable and now I'm totally hooked, playing around with the workbench, apps and games on a big screen TV is tremendous fun. :nod:

Finding stuff for these old machines isn't so easy (or affordable) always, especially if you're new at it, so I'm happy to have discovered Amibay, maybe I can find a couple good deals, make a few mates.

See you folks around!

johnim

VIP
Country
England
Region
birmingham
welcome retrograde and have fun with these little machines

Tomse

RISK is good
AmiBayer
Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen
yay.. a newly moved in neighbour :)

welcome welcome..

here you also might gain info of other things than just hardware you seek.
'tis truly a great place with lots of kind people (y)

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Welcome Retrograde! It's great to have you here. I hope you find some great hardware for your new habit. :)

Heather

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Welcome Mate (y)

I to was quite shocked when my C64 got replaced by a 286.

Brian

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Kentucky
Welcome, Retrograde!

If you're looking for a place to pick up bits and pieces for your machines, I think you've come to the right place. I've seen many program and game disks sold (or even given away) for very reasonable prices. There are quite a few peripherals and upgrades to be had, too. One thing, though, if there's something you're looking for, put it up in the wanted sections. I think there's a lot of hardware and software available that people don't list; they make it available when someone asks.

Top Bottom