New member from Canada

henrycault

AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Quebec
Hi all,

I found this website trying to find infos on configuring my external scsi cd drive under Workbench 3.1.

I have known about amigas since i was a kid, but bought my very first machine a couple of months ago. Now i got 4 machine, but one needs a lot of love/help/prayers to make it work again.

My main interest now, is upgrading my A3000, i love the machine, and im using it to learn...err...well to learn everything amiga.

So i will be on the hunt for some basic cpu and graphic upgrades very soon, because id love to see my workbench in more than 4 colors ::p BTW im open to suggestions as to what i can/should put inside that machine.

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
Greetings! :)

I myself have around 4 A3000s but I personally never used one as a work horse that was always a B2000... then the jump to A4000s etc...

henrycault

AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Quebec
Well, i could not resist, and i started working on my second A3000 mobo, cleaned a lot of rust, and ordered for 40$ worth of DIP and PLCC sockets, capacitors and logic gates. Hoping it will work again!

LTAC

AmiBayer
Country
FRANCE
Region
South of PARIS
What are you doing with PLCC sockets on A3000? :huh:

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
What are you doing with PLCC sockets on A3000? :huh:

Probably replacing sockets for Agnus, Fat Gary, Buster, DMAC, Ramsey or Amber. :)

Henry: Welcome to Amibay and good luck with resurrecting your A3000. I saved one myself recently, it's really rewarding. I hope it goes well for you!

(y)

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
Henry: Welcome, we need more Canucks here!;)

henrycault

AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Quebec
Thanks for the greetings.

@Andy: Yes it is actually for the Fat Agnus as i got the mobo with it's socket cracked in the corners. corrosion ate most of the sockets and logic gates 4-5 inches around the battery location. copper traces are still good, so a good rework is in order.

I also heard crawling around the site, that i need to change the buster chip if i am going to use cpu cards and zorro cards in the A3000, are they easy to find?

Top Bottom