fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
This must be new, I didn't get this when I arranged something a few days ago.

Usually, as I have the paypal funds from the buyer I use paypal to pay for the parcel2go collection, simples...

Well not now, I've arranged one this morning and they have added 2% to the total + the parcel ended up over weight so its come in quite a bit more than I quoted, anyway guys think of this when you are quoting on P&P

Damn fee's everywhere you look.

In fact the rant should just be about stealth fees! :mad:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
This must have come in this week because I used them on Monday and didn't get a surcharge for using Paypal. I did however notice they had suddenly linked their site directly into ebay so you can now go directly from your ebay sale to working out the parcel shipping on their site. This makes me wonder if they have made some special deal with ebay and are passing on something for them both to make some money out of it. Paypal and ebay are after all the same company!

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Yeah its definatly very new, I used them Wednesday as well with no charge.

bazzaq

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for Breakfast
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Liverpool
Will have to keep an eye on that.. maybe they are adding in the vat increase before it comes in????

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
This must be new, I didn't get this when I arranged something a few days ago.

Usually, as I have the paypal funds from the buyer I use paypal to pay for the parcel2go collection, simples...

Well not now, I've arranged one this morning and they have added 2% to the total + the parcel ended up over weight so its come in quite a bit more than I quoted, anyway guys think of this when you are quoting on P&P

Damn fee's everywhere you look.

In fact the rant should just be about stealth fees! :mad:

From the FAQ

'You are liable to surcharges on any extra weight; overweight items may cause considerable delay and/or damage to both yours and other people’s parcels if sent on standard services.'

Perhaps thats why the extra 2%. I can't see any mention of such an increase anywhere on the website.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
No, its nothing to do with the weight, the price for <10kg was circa£23 and the price for <25kg was circa £30 - Couldn't get the package below 10kg after all the packing was in.

The 2% was added after. (The little paypal 'icon' now says +2%)

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
Spoke to an operator.....

Catherine: Hello, how can I help you today please?

Me: Hi Catherine. There has been a recent report that parcel2go now charges an extra 2% for using paypal to pay for shipping an item via the website. Is this true?

Catherine: Please be advised that when selecting the payment option of PayPal there shall now be a charge of 2%. This is a merchant charge that has is subject to all payments made via PayPal. Unfortunately we are unable to advise regarding this charge until the payment confirmation page as PayPal is required to be selected for the charge to occur. We do apologise for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

-----

Hmm.....looks like parcel2go HAVE joined the ranks of squeezing extra money out of it's customers

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Well in future as long as I have enough in the current account I'll use my debit card to pay for the Parcel2go :)

Wife wouldn't have been too pleased when I had the £70 postage to Canada last week though!

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
There's always interparcel.com -- I don't know if they surcharge anything.

I don't mind paying a fair price for a service, it's all these stupid 'hidden costs' that really offend me. My Prometheus PCI just arrived from Colmiga in Australia and it had duty to be paid on it.

I don't mind paying import VAT on stuff I buy from abroad, it's only a few quid and it's fair enough. What's cheeky is that they charge the VAT on the value of the item + the postage costs too (So you pay VAT on the shipping). But that's not a patch on the Royal Fail's £8 "Handling Fee" which you are obliged to pay on anything that gets stopped by the boys at HMRC.

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
Not really the end of the world even thoug it is a complete pain in the bum. Also thanks for the heads up, but the way around it is to pay by credit card, then stick the money back oin your card from paypal. Then you won't get this hidden charge of 2%

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I had that nice royal mail handling charge when I got my Apollo 630 from OZ

Wouldn't be surprised if it happens on the Picasso IV I'm buying but hey ho...

I don't mind moving the money around to save the fees, I just don't want to keep my buyers waiting...

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
There's always interparcel.com -- I don't know if they surcharge anything.
They do if you use PayPal.

Is 2% really a big deal though? You are getting payment protection with PayPal.

This isn't to do with the 'buyers' payment, this is the payment the 'seller' is making to the courier delivering the parcel 'buyer protection' is included in the payment the 'buyer' make to me. (unless they 'gift') But hey I'm a resonable guy if there are any problems I'll do everything I can to help out.

2%, no its not a lot but there's already 4% for accepting the paypal (unless gifted), then another 2% - It all add up :whistle:

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
in a word, and if its under 2KG's....

www.myhermes.co.uk = £4.10 inc vat uk delivery - accepts all major credit/debit cards and paypal.

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
So, £8.99 (25kg) with vat using parcel2go.com DHL. So they can only add 2% onto the £8.99 so its a max of 18p extra is that right? So just charge £9.17 am I right or totally wrong :) Reason I ask is because I have some none computer related stuff to stick on Ebay.

Cheers

Last edited:

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
So, £8.99 (25kg) with vat using parcel2go.com DHL. So they can only add 2% onto the £8.99 so its a max of 18p extra is that right? So just charge £9.17 am I right or totally wrong :) Reason I ask is because I have some none computer related stuff to stick on Ebay.

Cheers

Don't forget the VAT, thats also added at the end.

I know 2% isn't much but if you didn't know about it and you were sending a package to Canada costing £70 like I did last week it soon adds up.

Steve.

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
Hey

Thanks for clearing that up just wanted to make sure I was right. Totally agree spending £70 odd quid on a courier plus the 2% it does mount up. I think £8.99 is the total with VAT, I can't remember but from now on I will just add the extra 18p I think (in the UK that is)

p2g_qc

Country
UK
Hi,

It's been brought to my attention some of your comments regarding the introduction of the Pay Pal surcharge on our services. Firstly apologies that this had to be introduced the 2% includes VAT for PayPal and we also don’t charge for credit/debit cards. This is something we regretted having to add due to high merchant fees on low ticket items. Also some of our competitors do also charge the 2% and some companies now charge for the use of credit cards also.

If anyone has any further questions please let me know.
Kindest Regards
George Iveson
Quality Controller
Parcel2go.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom