New to Amibay

ThomasFlyer

AmiBayer
Country
Alto, Michigan, USA
Hello All,

and glad to be here!

and why I am here.

I have had my Amigas setting around for about five years without much use.

I have Four 2000 motherboards. I want to see if I can repair. (Battery leakage??) 2 cases.

I Have one working 2000 I eventually want to accelerate and beef up with ??? Still trying to figure it out

I can only afford a little at a time so it will take me a while.

I have 3 500s

One with a Dataflyer500 I eventually want all Expansion Systems accessories. Can a 500 handle a baseboard and a datafyler500 with 8 meg ram expansion if the power for the dataflyer is external or is it to much ram?

The second I have an Adram 540 in and want to use all ICD products in.

And the third I want to keep with just the 501 expansion.

With all that I have 1 working monitor and no video adapters. I've only just com across stuff about vga and looking for a good thread to read.

Right now my main project: Backing up all my floppies as adfs.

TF

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Hello and a big welcome to Amibay. We hope you'll enjoy your time here! We have some interesting characters about the pace, and it's always good fun.

If you're trying to clear up leaked batteries, I recently learned that vinegar or lemon juice are very good at the task. I'm in the process of trying to repair an A3000 that way.

Best of luck with your projects and most of all, have fun! (Oh, and include lots of photos, our resident techies love their hardware pr0n!)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I think most users agree that the indivision vga solution is the best, and it is availble right now!

Transferring floppies can be done with tsgui to put them in adf and then transferred with the deneb usb.

Have fun on here!!(y)

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Welcome to Amibay, it's a friendly forum with some very helpful and knowledgeable chaps and chapettes.

Please take a few minutes to kick back with a coffee and have a read through the rules. :coffee:

But most of all, enjoy yourself. :)

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Yes, a big welcome to AmiBay. :) This is a great place for information and a great community as well.

Heather

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Welcome my friend - I hope you enjoy being part of this small but perfectly formed community.

John (y)

Nathanieltolbert

Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
Welcome to Amibay as everyone else has been saying. Oh and don't worry too hard about the A2000's not working. They are built super tough and with a little effort you will have them all up and running in no time. Accelerators are still available for them too, if you want a 060, that is. Check out Software Hut for that and definitely check out the Indivision ECS. That is being sold new at Amigakit.com right now as well!

bazzaq

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for Breakfast
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Liverpool
Welcome...:)

Why not join in with the selling and clear your unwanted bits, even faulty motherboards are worth something, then maybe you can get some nice goodies for your working system's.

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
Rotherham' South Yorkshire.
Welcome Thomasflyer :D ... Im pretty new myself to amibay and believe me its a great place with some great people... (y)

Hope you enjoy your stay... (Im pretty sure you will ;))
--------------------------------------
Amiga not for christmas! Its For Life!!!!

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Hi ThomasFlyer. :)

Hope you have a great time here. We're a little mad sometimes, but it's all fun. :nod:

Kin

Last edited:

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
Welcome to the organised mayhem of AmiBay (y)

Have fun and enjoy your time here ;)

Dave G :cool:

RobertB

Country
USA
Region
Visalia, California
Hello, everyone,

I'm new to AmiBay, too!

Truly,
Robert Bernardo

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
Then welcome to AmiBay too (y)

Have fun and enjoy your time here.

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
@RobertB

Don't forget to tell us a bit about yourself and your Miggys (If you've got any).....of course you can also tell us about any other hardware you have :oops:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Welcome to both of the new members in here. Hope you enjoy the site, find it useful, and have some fun and make friends at the same time. (y)

Top Bottom