New to Amibay

Jamesk

Country
US
Region
WV
Hi,

My name is James. I'm a big fan of all things electronics. I learned from books by Forest Mims here in the states. Back then I soldered a few things. I was also big into computers. I had a TI 99/4a and then later a Laser 128EX (iic clone). I lived in Ireland for a year and saw a C64 and waited the half hour for games to load from the tape drive :LOL:. Then around 93/94 I saw an Amiga load Sim City, Syndicate *cough* and Samantha Fox. I was really amazed at the graphics but my family was too poor to afford anything like that.

These days I enjoy working on vacuum tube radios and old electronics. I have two C64 boards, one I'm rebuilding into a functioning C64. I recently started building a C64 from a DTV but I'm having problems with the PS2 interface sending the wrong codes. I tend not to pay for complete things up front but rather to buy things that need work. I LOVE to solder and build. I don't have an Amiga yet but I am seriously thinking about getting one. I have messed around with UAE and really appreciate what the Amiga environment has to offer.

That's my introduction. If I get an Amiga this year or the next I hope I can offer the community whatever I can give.
Thanks,
James

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ Jamesk

You are gonna love this place, it's hackery central regarding repairs and pimpage of old machines.

gazcbm

10 PRINT "8 Bit Hero"
Country
UK
Region
Manchester, UK
Yeah I agree with Merlin, theres plenty of electronic hackery going on within these forum walls.

Welcome James.

Your DTV project sounds interesting, you should create a topic.

Top Bottom