New to Site - Queastion about Amiga 1000 hardware I own - bought it brand new so many years ago...

paskoto

Country
USA
Region
CT
Howdy,

I bought an Amiga 1000 new, when it came out and really liked the machine a lot. I bought all the reference books, kept up tot date with the magazines and stayed with it for awhile. I eventually put it on a shelf and forgot about it.

I am thinking of selling it to someone who would actually use it :), need to make some space.

So, I've read through the postings here and trying to gauge what is the real demand for this type of machine? The collection I have would be a bear to ship, so a local sale in CT would be best [I would think, if possible].

Or are their key components that are really worth it and everything else can be thrown away?

Looking for advice & any advice used here - I would then make my decision how & what to sell and do it through this site.

In my younger days I thought of going down the C route and really deep diving into the amiga operating system. I skipped C and now I just don't have the ambition to really learn 'C' and go into that. For better or worse I have been a Microsoft developer for years and just no interest to go back to it.

Thnx for any advice. I hop and think this is ok under the rules of the site - I read them and pretty sure my questions aren't out of line with the guidelines. If some of it is by some chance, I apologize and please let me know.

thnx,

tom

mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
please remember that we don't discuss prices on here , so try taking some pics and put a for sale advert on. A1000 stuff is very popular and is always in demand. Don't throw anything away - if it has little resale value then place it on here in the recycle area.

I'm currently rebuilding my A1000 as we speak.

All A1000 stuff has a value , the base unit / ram and keyboard especially. disks less so unless they are original and working,

never throw Amiga stuff away...

mike.

Last edited:

SJBUK

AmiBayer
Country
Uk
Region
Hertfordshire
Hi,
I know the problem, I recently had to part with a lot of gear after it had been stuck in the loft for years. Had little idea of its current value.

Best advice I can give is to simply have a search around the for sale forums, you'll soon get an idea of what things sell for. You might not get absolute top dollar but you'll likely have a much better selling experience here than general auction sites. At least that's been my experience.

One thing I can't part with, though, is my A1000. Not the original one I owned way back when but it brings back many happy memories!

As mike said, everything is likely to find a home, don't throw anything away.

Last edited:
Top Bottom