Newbie looking for alternative to Ebay!

Megatron-UK

Country
UK
Region
Durham/Newcastle
Hi, I'm a long time 'casual' Amiga user (mainly gaming, as I'm heavily into collecting and retro gaming in general).

I've got a reasonably specced desktop A1200:

3.1 ROM's
WB 3.9
DCE Taifun (68030 40MHz, 68882, NCR 50pin SCSI, 8Mb soldered onboard + 32Mb SIMM)
44 Pin IDE to CF adaptor (4Gb card)

Ebay has pretty much dried up over the last few years and I'm on the hunt for some bits and pieces to make the Amiga a little nicer to use (specifically a tower case and mediator pci to make the workbench a little more comfortable while browsing all of the whdload games to play!), I might see if I can get a SCSI to IDE adaptor too, to run the CF drive from there, rather than the limited onboard IDE channel.

Nice to meet you all, and it looks like this is a great place to hang out and pick up some interesting retro kit.

John

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
Welcome to Amibay.

I'm sure you'll be able to find anything you want on here - whether that's advice or parts (y)

Can you do us and yourself a favour please and expand upon your location within the UK? If you'd like to update your profile it will make it easier for us all.

Thanks, Dave G :cool:

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
@Megatron-UK

Thanks for the updated profile (y)

As for Juvvie & Kinnie you'll soon get used to seeing their names on here ;)

Dave G :cool:

Brian

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Kentucky
Greetings! Lots of knowledge around here and it seems like every part that someone needs at least one other person has available. Enjoy!

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Hi, I'm a long time 'casual' Amiga user (mainly gaming, as I'm heavily into collecting and retro gaming in general).

I've got a reasonably specced desktop A1200:

3.1 ROM's
WB 3.9
DCE Taifun (68030 40MHz, 68882, NCR 50pin SCSI, 8Mb soldered onboard + 32Mb SIMM)
44 Pin IDE to CF adaptor (4Gb card)

Ebay has pretty much dried up over the last few years and I'm on the hunt for some bits and pieces to make the Amiga a little nicer to use (specifically a tower case and mediator pci to make the workbench a little more comfortable while browsing all of the whdload games to play!), I might see if I can get a SCSI to IDE adaptor too, to run the CF drive from there, rather than the limited onboard IDE channel.

Nice to meet you all, and it looks like this is a great place to hang out and pick up some interesting retro kit.

John

Welcome to the House of Hackery, MegatronUK!! As you can see, a lot of the traffic from a certain site *cough* has migrated to here.

"Interesting" only begins to describe some of the mad inventions that have been created by members on here. Check out the Photo Booth section to see what I mean.

We pride ourselves on a more policed and moderated site than some you may have been one, but that's because we also look after the trading that goes on in here; trolls and flame wars are banned and the site is all the better for it.

You have a *lot* of reading to do..... ;)

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
You've absolutely come to the right place! :)

Welcome

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@Megatron-UK

Thanks for the updated profile (y)

As for Juvvie & Kinnie you'll soon get used to seeing their names on here ;)

Dave G :cool:

Dave, just wtf r u trying to say m8? :shhh: :D

Charlie

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
Welcome

This site is awesome I must say. Pretty new myself but managed to grab myself a decent A1200 WHDLoad machine (thanks JuvUK) and plenty more pieces here and there. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am :)

Top Bottom