Newcomer

KOPE

Country
england
Region
Kent
Hi everyone I found this forum by chance and since I have 5 atari sts and 2 amigas a 600 and a 1200 both basic I did have a atari 130xl but sold it,also have the usual modern stuff in the house between the family PS2 PS360gb PS3120gb slim a SNES with the adapter for floppies a XBOX 360 a couple of PC's and 4 laptops so with this lot I think this site should be useful for parts and advice and maybe sell something as we don't use some of it anymore.;) CHEERS

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Welcome to Amibay - Another Kentonian I see :D

KOPE

Country
england
Region
Kent
Yes not far from you I'm in Swanley.I bought my 1200 5years and still havn't had chance to set it up properly due to PC's everywhere,you seem to have a better setup than me though,I havn't looked to see what can be done to these machines lately,I don't even have a hard drive.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Yeah I've got a few Amigas now :whistle:

Sure are close by, Swanley is only a 10 minute drive from me, Otford end of Sevenoaks.

An ideal starter setup for an A1200 these days to take full advantege of WHDLoad games is an 4/8 Ram upgrade or 68030 Accelerator card with >8mb Ram and a 4gb Complact Flash card as your Hard Drive.

Makes for a nice little machine with over 2000 games ready to load straight off the hard drive, if you go for an Accelerator then games like Doom will work and there are some nice emulators for the 8bit systems. You'll also be able to take better advantage of the latter operating systems like OS3.9 (as long as you have version 3.1 roms)

Hope you get your Amiga setup and running, glad I got mine out of the loft about a year ago, its been great fun to get back into the scene.

Steve.

KOPE

Country
england
Region
Kent
Thanks for the info i'll get it out when my wife is out and she may not notice the addition near my desk (y)

Top Bottom